Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917771 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2900 on: May 27, 2017, 07:02:27 am »

The Anti-Trump

Continued \...

Very interesting idea, I wonder if it will stimulate opening of more similar places.
The other unmentioned benefit endorsed by this restaurater is the promotion of a plant-based meals - move away from meat, dairy, and seaafood.

scyth

« Reply #2901 on: May 27, 2017, 08:38:08 am »

Finally ZB is dead  :D

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2902 on: May 27, 2017, 09:23:06 am »

You're an immigrant, right?  Are you off to the local federal penitentiary to request voluntary incarceration (you know, since "same difference" and all that)?

You know better than that. Better than the non sequitur you attempted. You know perfectly well that I had in mind a Muslim immigrant, given the context and the illustrations in the same post.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2903 on: May 27, 2017, 09:36:53 am »

... So someone forced to leave those whom they love and their home and everything they possess to save their own life is, according to you, no different from someone who for financial reasons tries his luck in another country?...

The current tsunami in Europe is a mixture of both. Besides, regardless of the initial reason, their baggage remains the same. Are you saying no refugee has been involved in terrorism? There are dozens of examples in Europe and here. Are you saying that refugees are somehow a different breed than their brethren? That they feel a special type of gratitude toward those who helped them and received them with open arms and would never respond to the siren call of their faith? Then why terror attacks in Germany and Sweden, for instance, two countries known for the warmest welcome?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2904 on: May 27, 2017, 09:48:25 am »

Oh, and Ariane Grande and "Islam is love" comment at a Clinton rally in 2016?

Never happened.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/ariana-grande-said-islam-love/

More fake news from Slob.

I posted the meme in a metaphorical sense. Besides, based on the very link you provided, the conclusion wasn't "never happened," but "unproven." The same link states that she is known, without any doubt, to have said that she hates America. The same link states that she sent warm wishes in writing to her Muslim fans on at least one occasion. So, connecting the dots in a metaphorical sense may result in an unproven, but highly likely sentiment.

Now I fully expect you to debunk that Lieutenant Columbo never said what's in that meme I posted either.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:38:26 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2905 on: May 27, 2017, 11:37:28 am »

re Manchester, published yesterday:

“… Meanwhile, MI5 revealed it is currently probing 500 active investigations which relate to 3,000 people. It added that it has foiled five terror plots in the last eight weeks … “

Shows the scale of the problem facing European security services.

Who would have thought that Manoli would help me with a quote, but, hey, thanks, bro! :)

For those who insist it is all about "a few mentally disturbed," here is a "fake news" from a know "ultra-right wing source," CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/europe/paris-attacks-threats/

A couple of quotes from the article (emphasis mine):

French President Francois Hollande this summer said intelligence services were uncovering evidence of new terrorist plotting every week.

Surveillance files have been opened on more than 5,000 suspected Islamic extremists in France, but security services only have the manpower and resources to monitor a small fraction of these numbers 24/7. Around 1,000 have traveled to Syria and Iraq to fight jihad or are in transit there, and those are just the ones French authorities know about.

The numbers are staggering... Throughout Europe, more than 6,000 extremists are estimated to have traveled to Syria and Iraq, with 1,500 having returned.

I hope the Supreme Court will overturn the lower, aging-hippies, "long-march-through-institutions" courts, to prevent the cancer from spreading here. If not, I am moving to Canada ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2906 on: May 27, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »

How fitting that it is totally empty  ;D ;D ;D

Coup is a protest bar, and the protest is against Donald Trump.

The Anti-Trump

Continued \...

Manoli

« Reply #2907 on: May 27, 2017, 01:06:21 pm »

Who would have thought that Manoli would help me with a quote, but, hey, thanks, bro! :)

.. and why wouldn't I help you, Slobodan - if it helps you stay objective, reasoned and focused ? :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2908 on: May 27, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »

2 1/2 min. video clip sequence from the Grumpy7 summit. Main Grump and the others also in similar G-mood. But the accompanying music is quite uplifting.

http://www.spiegel.de/video/donald-trump-auf-europareise-rueckblick-in-szenen-video-1770115.html

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:12:58 pm by LesPalenik »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2909 on: May 27, 2017, 04:45:27 pm »

The current tsunami in Europe is a mixture of both. Besides, regardless of the initial reason, their baggage remains the same.

Not quite the same. Most were persecuted by their Muslim (some of the Sunni faction others of the Shia faction) fellow countrymen, others by people who happen to have other faiths, and others were bombed/gassed by the Western forces or Russian or Turkish forces.

Are you saying no refugee has been involved in terrorism?

Are you saying that all refugees have been involved in terrorism (which would be logical if just being a Muslim automatically leads the majority to become Jihadi), or could there perhaps be other reasons for some, very few, of the people turning to Radicalism /  Extremism? We see similar things with (alt-)Right-wing Extremism / Left-wing Extremism / Environmental Extremism / pick your flavor of extremism. These are not normal people, they can have (and some act driven by) all kinds of faiths/beliefs/misconceptions/dogmas. Some could believe in the flying spaghetti monster as their deity, it does not make a real difference. The only thing that matters is that these losers got actively radicalized by other extremists to do their dirty work.

The process of radicalization is becoming better understood as we take the time to study it, and not just label it with something convenient, like Islam.

There are dozens of examples in Europe and here.

Examples of what? Extremism/radicalization? That's a process, one isn't born as an extremist, and just having one faith or another is also not determining that outcome.

Are you saying that refugees are somehow a different breed than their brethren? That they feel a special type of gratitude toward those who helped them and received them with open arms and would never respond to the siren call of their faith?

No, that would be the lazy approach, not trying to understand their individual motivations.

Then why terror attacks in Germany and Sweden, for instance, two countries known for the warmest welcome?

Which demonstrates your lack of understanding, the lack of investing in finding out what the real motivation is. Slapping on a label, e.g. Muslim, is downright lazy and stupid.

The recent lorry attack in Sweden was done by a guy who was denied a refugee status (because he apparently was no refugee) and thus was supposed to have left the country for months already, except that he went into hiding. He was an illegal, without work, without legal access to money/food, no medical care available, no prospects whatsoever. These people are easy targets for actors who's job it is to recruit and radicalize these people.

Germany has suffered a number of terrorist attacks over decades, some of the perpetrators had mental issues, some were traumatized with no proper treatment, some were illegals, some were right-wing extremists, some claimed to be religiously inspired. Again, also easy targets for actors who's job it is to recruit and radicalize these people if they needed more steering than the internet to self-radicalize.

France has a very different situation with many people coming in from the former French colonies, and not being well coached/integrated/assimilated into the French society. Adding to that, they (temporarily) took in a large number of refugees from the Near Eastern countries. Large numbers of these people, if even legal immigrants or citizens, have low social status, are unemployed, have no future prospects, and are easy targets to actors who's job it is to recruit and radicalize these people.

The UK also had problems with the radicalization of people without prospects (or with mental instability).

Belgium also had problems, with local criminals with prior convictions, no prospects,  the rest of what developed is history.

If people like Trump start discriminating based on faith or even country of birth, it will only feed these sentiments of exclusion, a good foundation for radicalization. US judges do not agree with Trump.

In blow to Trump, U.S. appeals court refuses to reinstate travel ban:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-court-idUSKBN18L2IO
"In a stinging rebuke to President Donald Trump, a U.S. appeals court refused on Thursday to reinstate his travel ban on people from six Muslim-majority nations, calling it discriminatory and setting the stage for a showdown in the Supreme Court.

The decision, written by Chief Judge Roger Gregory, described Trump's executive order in forceful terms, saying it uses "vague words of national security, but in context drips with religious intolerance, animus, and discrimination." "

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. ‘Final act of bravery’: Men who were fatally stabbed trying to stop anti-Muslim rants identified
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/27/man-fatally-stabs-2-on-portland-ore-train-after-they-interrupted-his-anti-muslim-rants-police-say/?utm_term=.20d1f176b237

"Two men were stabbed to death and one injured Friday on a light-rail train in Portland, Ore., after they tried to intervene when another passenger began “ranting and raving” and shouting anti-Muslim hate speech at two young women, police said."

So who's the terrorist here?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:52:06 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Farmer

« Reply #2910 on: May 27, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »

You know better than that. Better than the non sequitur you attempted. You know perfectly well that I had in mind a Muslim immigrant, given the context and the illustrations in the same post.

Ah, a special pleading only against Muslim immigrants.  You didn't like it when your status was brought up for discussion under a broad stroke?  Funny, that.

You ignored the link from an expert about immigrants and terrorism, too?
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2911 on: May 27, 2017, 06:58:02 pm »

Ah, a special pleading only against Muslim immigrants...

That's where terrorism comes from.

Farmer

« Reply #2912 on: May 27, 2017, 07:02:41 pm »

I posted the meme in a metaphorical sense. Besides, based on the very link you provided, the conclusion wasn't "never happened," but "unproven." The same link states that she is known, without any doubt, to have said that she hates America. The same link states that she sent warm wishes in writing to her Muslim fans on at least one occasion. So, connecting the dots in a metaphorical sense may result in an unproven, but highly likely sentiment.

Now I fully expect you to debunk that Lieutenant Columbo never said what's in that meme I posted either.

It never happened.  The meme was produced, that's abundantly clear, to play on the current events.  She was never at a Clinton rally, so she clearly couldn't be accurately quoted on something she said somewhere she wasn't.  It's not that hard.

You would think that if she were a "Muslim-sympathiser" (which is essentially how you're trying to portray her, with every possible negative connotation) that it wouldn't have been one of her concerts that was targeted, or would you like to suggest that she was in on it somehow?

You can posit absurd things all you like and try to duck and weave with fictional characters as part of your defence, but you were wrong and the more you try to weasel your way out of that the deeper you get.  You're a peddler of fake news because you don't have any real news to support your position.

You don't like Muslims but you like Trump, but Trump is boasting about a hundred billion dollar arms deal to the Saudis.  You know, Muslims, and the origin of all the 9/11 attackers.  It goes beyond just normal hypocrisy.

You didn't like your immigrant status being discussed earlier, you said it was non sequitur, but given your ethnic origins it's pretty obvious they have a large part to play in how you feel about Muslims.
Phil Brown

Farmer

« Reply #2913 on: May 27, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »

That's where terrorism comes from.

Right, never been a terrorist from anywhere else.  Got it.
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2914 on: May 27, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »

Right, never been a terrorist from anywhere else.  Got it.

99% of all terrorist acts in the last two decades comes from Islamic radicals. Yes, there were IRA and Basques, etc., but they mostly phoned in advance, to prevent civilian casualties, not target them. And they did not have any global reach nor desire. No other cause of terrorism has global aspirations and reach like the Islamic one.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2915 on: May 27, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »

...You didn't like your immigrant status being discussed...

Knock yourself out.

...given your ethnic origins it's pretty obvious they have a large part to play in how you feel about Muslims.

That is exactly the point. 500 years under them teaches you a thing or two about them. You, and most others here, on the other hand, only have a vague theoretical idea, totally unaware of the danger when they reach a critical mass. Europe, however, is starting to learn. The hard way.

Farmer

« Reply #2916 on: May 27, 2017, 08:46:27 pm »

99% of all terrorist acts in the last two decades comes from Islamic radicals. Yes, there were IRA and Basques, etc., but they mostly phoned in advance, to prevent civilian casualties, not target them. And they did not have any global reach nor desire. No other cause of terrorism has global aspirations and reach like the Islamic one.

99%?  Really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents#1970.E2.80.93present

Now, some of the things included I wouldn't count as terrorist attacks, but even taking those out, it's hardly 99%.  It's certainly not 99% in the US, for example.

Is terrorism getting worse?  More widespread?  More dangerous?  Yes.  Is most of it Islamic radicals?  Yes that's a fair figure.  Do most Muslims support it?  It doesn't appear so.  Have most terror attacks come from Muslim immigrants or refugees?  No.
Phil Brown

Farmer

« Reply #2917 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »

Knock yourself out.

That is exactly the point. 500 years under them teaches you a thing or two about them. You, and most others here, on the other hand, only have a vague theoretical idea, totally unaware of the danger when they reach a critical mass. Europe, however, is starting to learn. The hard way.

Right, you have 500 years experience, Slob?  For the most part, you know what you've been told which is the same as most of us.  Again, why aren't you protesting about Trump arming the Saudis?
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2918 on: May 27, 2017, 10:36:49 pm »

Right, you have 500 years experience, Slob?...

Are you deliberately shortening my name in a derogatory fashion (slob = a lazy and slovenly person)? Since I believe in free speech, once again, knock yourself out. But if not (deliberate), the proper shortening would be Slobo.

As for Saudis, I believe I stated in some other threads that it is a pity we are friends with such a society. But, realistically, given the choice of them or Iran... Besides, it is a good business. Hundred billions is not a small change. It is still better to get it (billions) from them, then to give it (billions) to Iran, as Obama did.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2919 on: May 27, 2017, 10:59:27 pm »

A good read:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/what-explains-the-idiocy-of-the-liberal-elite-its-their-education/#

"What Explains the Idiocy of the Liberal Elite"

Let’s try to explain to ordinary people what drives the liberal elite. The elite persists with some very strange and disturbing views. Are its members brainwashed, snobbish or just so remote from real life that they do not understand how things work? What is the pathology of liberal eliteness?

The elite are supposed to be educated. So why are they so silly?

Ah! There is a clue. That word ‘educated’. What does ‘educated’ mean today? It doesn’t mean they know a lot about the world. It means they have been injected with the views and assumptions of their teachers. They have been taught by people who themselves have little experience of the real world. They have been indoctrinated with certain ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 331   Go Up