Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer Decision  (Read 8529 times)

unesco

Re: Printer Decision
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 08:20:16 am »

As promised, please have a look at attached figure which contains Lab projection of Epson SC-P800 K, LK and LLK inks separatelly printed using callibration mode in QTR.
Paper used was Ilford Gold Mono Silk. All three curves converge to the white point which is at (-0.5, 1.5). Please have in mind that it was measured with ColorMunki so the WP might be a bit different than declared by Ilford due to UV filter in this spectro (blind for OBA effects).

Edit: the picture clearly shows warm tint of each separated ink, carbon like, up to nearly b*=+11.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:04:37 am by unesco »

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 08:55:26 am »

Thanks again everyone for your help.  I have ordered the Canon.  Now to choose a new camera.....

Don't overlook the Sony mirrorless line.
A long time Nikon man I still have my D800E but rarely use it.
For crop sensor you cannot beat an A6000 and it's 11 fps.
I also use the Nex 7 with a metabones speed booster plus an A7s for indoor low light and astrophotography work.
The prices on some of these older models are less then 50% of new, some great bargains out there.
Maybe when I sell the D800e I will get the A7rII.
The line is pretty impressive. I can tell you these cameras paired with Zeiss lenses are as good as it gets.

dseelig

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2017, 01:17:58 am »

I have a question about the Canon 1000 my Pixma Pro 1 is the biggest ink sucker when not in use I have ever seen is the 1000 just like it in that regard?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 08:00:18 am »

I have a question about the Canon 1000 my Pixma Pro 1 is the biggest ink sucker when not in use I have ever seen is the 1000 just like it in that regard?

I don't understand how a printer would suck ink when it is not in use, so your question is unclear to me. Do you mean that if the printer is not used for quite a long time and you start it up how much ink does it use to ensure the nozzles are clear? If that is the question we don't know the answer, because Canon has not developed the accounting tool in a manner that accounts for ink consumed for maintenance; it is a nice framework for accounting ink laid on paper for prints. Some have tried to estimate maintenance usage by weighing the maintenance tank after and just before a printing session, but how reliable this is I don't know.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

sabin

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »

I'm also interested to know how to minimize maintenance ink waste on the pro 1000. Mark, do you have any recommendations? Can one leave the printer always on, disabling the auto power off and will this have positive effect on ink waste?
I read somewhere (sorry I do not remember where) that id the pro 1000 was left off over 45 days it will perform deep cleaning and waste 50ml of ink!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 07:26:26 pm »

I'm also interested to know how to minimize maintenance ink waste on the pro 1000. Mark, do you have any recommendations? Can one leave the printer always on, disabling the auto power off and will this have positive effect on ink waste?
I read somewhere (sorry I do not remember where) that id the pro 1000 was left off over 45 days it will perform deep cleaning and waste 50ml of ink!

As I just mentioned in another thread, as a general safety and protection measure I shut-down any machinery I'm not using even though the risk may be low. I have no idea what kind of on-off intervals would minimize use of ink for printer maintenance. Only Canon would have that knowledge.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up