Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience Batteries XF  (Read 912 times)

cyron123

Experience Batteries XF
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:39:28 am »

Hello,
does anybody have some experience with some "non Phase One" batteries on the XF camera? The difference in price is very hard.
remark: I live in europe and buying abroad make no sense...

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:17:20 am by cyron123 »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Experience Batteries XF
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:56:01 am »

I would look for any Canon BP-911 battery brands.  The BP-911 is the size/cell that fits both the back and XF.  Only problems I have run into at times is heat build up, where the cell will expand during use on a hot day and stick inside the XF or IQ back.  This was a problem with a silver battery type of the BP-911 a few years ago.

The other thing to look for is the millamp rating, as the Phase cells are now 3400, higher the millamp longer the life of the battery/run time.  Also make sure the voltage is 7.2. 

Personally I feel Phase needs to get to around 4400 to 5000 millamps in these batteries. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

cyron123

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:30 am »

Hello Paul,  I have searched for batteries but the most cheap have lower than 3000 mAh. I think the original one are ways better. I will still searching... :-)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:25:30 pm »

Phase Ones strong recommendation is to only use official Phase One batteries. These are the only ones used in testing the hardware and firmware of the XF and IQ. This is also our (DT's) recommendation based on seeing a variety of problems with third party batteries, including operational instability, fit issues (including batteries becoming stuck) and less-than-expected battery life.

cyron123

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:53:25 pm »

Hi Doug,
i think you are right. I will buy the original one..
Thank you.
cyron
Pages: [1]   Go Up