Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Affinity Pro 1.5 and Printing  (Read 1750 times)

tonyrom

Affinity Pro 1.5 and Printing
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »

In taking Affinity Pro 1.5 for a test run, I tried printing. Epson SC7000

Nice feature of Affinity Pro (AP) is it has a Soft Proof adjustment layer.  This adds a layer with the profile and rendering intent you want. In addition, you can make any adjustments needed to compensate for "simulate paper".

Ok, it's time to print.  First thing you discover after a bit of digging, is, apparently, AP does not implement it's own color engine.  To set the profile to print, you need to set the color management to ColorSync within the Epson driver on the Mac.

Second, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust the borders of the image like you can in PS. 

Third, since the image is so small on the print preview, it's hard to determine if the colors will be printed accurately.

I did a sample print and the colors were too saturated compared to the image on my screen view under controlled lighting (it's bad enough that you can see the problem under virtually any lighting).  This is the same calibrated hardware in my Adobe workflow that images come out correct.

It appears that Affinity needs a lot more work with printing.  What have others found?

-tony

Lundberg02

Re: Affinity Pro 1.5 and Printing
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 12:54:51 am »

Affiniy Pro is actually a Double Electric Breast Pump, so I hope it was fun for you.

tonyrom

Re: Affinity Pro 1.5 and Printing
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:34 am »

That would make it efficient, I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up