Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New NEC monitor won't stay in standby mode  (Read 3537 times)

whawn

• The Daily Photograph™
New NEC monitor won't stay in standby mode
« on: December 04, 2016, 03:29:44 pm »

My new NEC PA302W is a wonderful machine -- but it won't stay on standby when the 'puter is put to sleep.  All my previous monitors would go to standby, stay there, and re-awaken when the 'puter did.  This one will go into standby but shuts off entirely after some unknown length of time.  It's a PITA.  And the four available settings on the woefully inadequate on-screen menu don't seem to have any effect but for the 'off' selection, which prevents any sort of auto shut-off.  That is to say, 'tools>off mode>off' keeps it on, always.

What am I missing, here?

\\'alt
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

Doug Fisher

Re: New NEC monitor won't stay in standby mode
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:06:01 am »

Have you downloaded and installed the latest USB driver from Xrite plus downloaded the latest USB driver for your motherboard on your PC?  If both are true, then it is time to phone NEC support.  In my experience, their support people are much better than the average technical support desk people.

Doug

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:08:12 pm »

It seems to me this is simply the way the NEC PA302W works. I have two of them myself and they both do this; one is connected to an older Mac Pro, the other to a newer Win7 PC and they both do it. I have never found any setting the in the OSD to change the behaviour, so I've just been ignoring it...

whawn

• The Daily Photograph™
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:35:20 pm »

Well, heck! Somebody once mentioned to me that instruction books were useful.  Turns out, that person was right!  A close perusal of the manual shows, hidden away, under the (???) r-g-b menu item, clear at the bottom, something called 'advanced settings.'  And there is where I found all the stuff that should be presented up front.  And a whole lot of it.  12 tabs worth, providing very detailed control, if one has no calibrator.  Under tab #6 is the setting I need: Power Save Timer.  I set it to 'off' and all is well. 
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 10:20:01 pm »

Brilliant, thanks for being persistent on that and posting your finding. I normally go through all the menus on a new monitor (camera, whatever) but somehow never tried that particular setting. Completely forgot even seeing it. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up