Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone explain this visual or lens phenomena?  (Read 55453 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Can someone explain this visual or lens phenomena?
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2016, 04:33:40 am »

So they forget an entire step in taking correct readings yet they get a textbook result. Doesn't that bother you? They did a full production of a show! The camera angle above makes a big difference the further your target is. They were 6 miles if I remember right. They are very off, and enough to be a Fail. It is a fraud when you create a production footage, and all the while they are working backwards from textbook to match the results.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2016, 04:55:55 am »

So they forget an entire step in taking correct readings yet they get a textbook result. Doesn't that bother you? They did a full production of a show! The camera angle above makes a big difference the further your target is. They were 6 miles if I remember right. They are very off, and enough to be a Fail. It is a fraud when you create a production footage, and all the while they are working backwards from textbook to match the results.

Life is too short to be bothered about such things. Remember, it's entertainment, not a court of law or a peer reviewed article in a renowned scientific journal.

I'm much more bothered by using wrong science to try and prove the earth is flat, but even that is'nt really worth "fighting"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:32:53 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Torbjörn Tapani

« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2016, 06:37:06 am »

I would like to hear what flat earthers think of gyroscopes. Or pendulums for that matter.

Tony Jay

« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2016, 06:39:40 am »

I would like to hear what flat earthers think of gyroscopes. Or pendulums for that matter.
Isn't it a case of "don't confuse me with facts!"

Tony Jay

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2016, 03:36:23 pm »

Life is too short to be bothered about such things. Remember, it's entertainment, not a court of law or a peer reviewed article in a renowned scientific journal.

I'm much more bothered by using wrong science to try and prove the earth is flat, but even that is'nt really worth "fighting"

Funny you should post that cartoon.... In of itself is an error.... (Are you guys looking at things right side up ?:-)

Its the other way around. The internet is right, the TV and Steven Hawkin was wrong.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Me too. I have been reading about this a bit.
Looks like they are completely mechanical. Even the ones in commercial airlines. A pilot did a documentary on his flight experience and what happen to his plane when his gyroscope that is supposed to do calculations took a risk flight without the "correction". He did some investigating, and turns up that they are simply for emulation purposes! Weird stuff. The more you read, and see evidence, the less you can ignore it. A basic gyroscope works on a flat surface, and a gyrocompass I think has a emulation for curve. Only company is Honeywell, who sub contracts to a independent service company.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2016, 03:44:23 pm »

Isn't it a case of "don't confuse me with facts!"

Tony Jay

Exactly! The only thing that interests me are the empirical evidence. All else should go to the theoretical dump when you discuss this.

That is why I posted, as it looks basic enough to do the curve test oneself.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2016, 04:41:49 pm »

Me too. I have been reading about this a bit.
Looks like they are completely mechanical. Even the ones in commercial airlines.

Mostly mechanical, yes (although electronic versions exist, e.g. in Phones), and their behavior at different latitudes (e.g. at the equator versus the poles, or at different North orientation settings) is exactly consistent with a spherical/ellipsoidal earth (see this link, one of the first that came up so there may be better ones). They need to be adjusted manually for drift over time and location. Even a flight simulator program on a PC has an option (when realism is increased) to need to adjust for Gyro bias.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:54:00 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #208 on: December 24, 2016, 05:10:36 pm »

The internet is right, the TV and Steven Hawkin was wrong.
You mean the earth is flat?  :o
pieter, aka pegelli

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2016, 05:51:46 pm »

Of course.
So then I guess mountains are just an illusion invented to entertain photographers.   ???
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Tony Jay

« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »

Of course.
So then I guess mountains are just an illusion invented to entertain photographers.   ???
Mate,

Light itself is just an illusion - didn't you know?  ::)

Tony Jay

N80

« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2016, 06:12:27 pm »

If the earth is flat, someone needs to tell Santa. Quick.
George

"What is truth?" Pontius  Pilate

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #212 on: December 27, 2016, 05:20:42 pm »

No, I mean the earth is not a curve based on a 24,900 miles around.

We are photographers, and if you put the theories of stars and planets as something we have good understanding of, we should be able to measure things.

Any true scientist, researcher, physicist will measure for curvature by the simplest means. If you want empirical evidence, repeatable evidence, observable, quantifiable, you go to a calm body of water and measure for curvature.

If you see things like the Chicago skyline, Balloon video over 100K feet up and see no curve(distance up vs size of earth vs focal length),  that is behind the horizon water level, you just found evidence that shows no curve. Oahu from Kauai at sea level (almost 100miles).

And many other tests all around the world. No one should be claiming anything, but the documentation, or evidence if you will showing no curve is growing.

"Light itself is just an illusion". Perhaps, but it is measurable by us to give it some quantity and values.  But as landscape photographers, we should be more understanding of how much curve can be perceived or not with our eyes, and some zoom lenses.

As far as the gyro...oddly, or maybe as expected?...there are physicists that dispute Foucault's 1852 findings for rotation.
This was first disputed with the pendulum he was using and then later contested and verified by how the pendulum changes its direction and movement during a solar eclipse. Its either the magnetic fields are being disrupted, as science understands it, OR that or the earth starts to spin another direction. LOL.

So, no I do not believe you are right, as experiments prove it.

Eric, you are being silly. When people claim it is flat, they are just referring to its ground level or sea level plane.
The horizon is said to be flat in their theory, not that there are no peaks or valleys. This is why they use a still body of water to do the test for curve.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:31:55 pm by Phil Indeblanc »

Tony Jay

« Reply #213 on: December 27, 2016, 05:41:45 pm »

"Light itself is just an illusion". Perhaps, but it is measurable by us to give it some quantity and values.  But as landscape photographers, we should be more understanding of how much curve can be perceived or not with our eyes, and some zoom lenses....
In my case the statement, "Light itself is just an illusion" was a somewhat sarcastic and silly comment in synch with some other posts.
I thought the context was pretty obvious.

I cannot speak for others but for myself the empiric evidence for the existence of light as well as its essential characteristics is fairly incontrovertible.

Tony Jay

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2016, 06:26:40 pm »

In my case the statement, "Light itself is just an illusion" was a somewhat sarcastic and silly comment in synch with some other posts.
I thought the context was pretty obvious.

I cannot speak for others but for myself the empiric evidence for the existence of light as well as its essential characteristics is fairly incontrovertible.

Tony Jay

I didn't want to leave you out, as the rest of my posts are documented. I thought you were leaning to try and explain it and such. But didn't want to get off topic like it has for the past 10+ pages. :-)

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2016, 11:28:48 pm »

This is Japan's official moon landing exploration video.
If you think this is real, you should start learning about imagery, 3D from another website, then come back here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiU95utHq1o
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up