Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to not cut off / skip images when scrolling in Grid View?  (Read 1275 times)

geezerhood

While scrolling in Grid View in Lightroom using the Page Down key after a few groups scroll by either the top or the bottom row of images will eventually be cut off in some way. That wouldn't be a big deal if when the PD Key is pressed again, the images that were cut off at the bottom scrolled to the top and were totally visible. Sadly, when I do that the previously cut off row moves completely off the display area.

This makes it extremely cumbersome to scroll through a bunch of images quickly plus it adds a high probability of missing some images. Using the down arrow works fine if there is only one row of images visible but with several rows it only moves down one row.

Is there a way to move to the next "page" of images that will give a full image view of every image at some point without skipping past those that were previously cropped off?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:26:41 pm by geezerhood »

stingray

I have suffered with this problem also.  My only workaround is to scale the size of the grid, such that the grid fits exactly in the display portion of the screen.  Page Up / Down will then work for me, but using the scroll wheel still splits images in half on Windows pcs.  Not sure about this behaviour on a  Mac.

geezerhood

I have suffered with this problem also.  My only workaround is to scale the size of the grid, such that the grid fits exactly in the display portion of the screen.  Page Up / Down will then work for me, but using the scroll wheel still splits images in half on Windows pcs.  Not sure about this behaviour on a  Mac.

That is what I have been doing for the last few years, but it never works out right regardless of what zoom setting you have on the grid. I haven't really done much keyword work until now. I have over 9000 images to go through and this is turning into a real pain. I am hoping that there is some kind of working solution already in place to solve what I perceive as an unacceptable "feature" in Lightroom.

Eventually it will get out of sync and will start cutting off images at either the top or bottom, then skipping entire rows.  I am hoping there is some way to keep images from being chopped off / skipped. It slows down the process considerably and if I am not paying attention I will miss an entire row of images which means that with 9000 images to view at 6 per screen I stand the change of totally missing 1500 images entirely if I am not careful.  Even if I only have ONE ROW of images showing, if I use the page down key it will shortly be out of sync and chopping images off. Very frustrating.

Pages: [1]   Go Up