Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Camera In The House!  (Read 4890 times)

Kevin Gallagher

New Camera In The House!
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:14 am »

Well gang, after much vacillating I went and got myself a D500! My last Nikon was a D2X so as you might imagine I'm blown away by the improvements in  AF performance and higher ISO results. With the D2X I didn't go much over 640 ISO but now I'm getting beautiful results (to me) at ISO 2000. The only gripe I have is the darn near 400 bucks asking price for the vertical grip, I purchased a 3rd party one for less than 1/5 of that and it fits, looks, and performs perfectly. Once I get the hang of the I'll be posting some (hopefully) great wildlife shots

Guess I will need some more storage space as the .NEF files are running around 40MB each..oh well :)

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: New Camera In The House!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:35:42 am »

Well gang, after much vacillating I went and got myself a D500! My last Nikon was a D2X so as you might imagine I'm blown away by the improvements in  AF performance and higher ISO results. With the D2X I didn't go much over 640 ISO but now I'm getting beautiful results (to me) at ISO 2000. The only gripe I have is the darn near 400 bucks asking price for the vertical grip, I purchased a 3rd party one for less than 1/5 of that and it fits, looks, and performs perfectly. Once I get the hang of the I'll be posting some (hopefully) great wildlife shots
Guess I will need some more storage space as the .NEF files are running around 40MB each..oh well :)
Kevin in CT

Since the D2x i have used the D3,  D3x,  D800e and a D810...each step had its improvements.
The problem for me with the d2x at the time was that there were no quality wideangle lenses ; i guess now there is more choice.
I can imagine you see a huge improvement. Also there is a shift in sensor technology to cmos...
And you can do serious good video with your new camera.

That said when i look at my d2x photographs i still like them a lot.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up