Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Hahnemuhle?!  (Read 773 times)

Analogue_Rob

• Rob Youngson Photography
Which Hahnemuhle?!
« on: October 03, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »

Hi,

So I've decided that I want to use the recently reviewed pre-scored, pre-punched paper and leather album for my printed portfolio (I'm a unit stills photographer though at least one landscape is in my portfolio selection) my quandary is this. I don't have the money to try the different varieties by buying them, most of my images I feel would work best on a matte or possibly satin finish but a couple would probably work best as gloss, it's a varied portfolio and I want the deep blacks and shine of gloss for the more beauty orientated images of a particular actress. Is one of the papers a good in between? I have about 15 pages to print so in a pack of 20 will only have a couple of test sheets. Which paper is the most versatile in the range?

Also is it possible to order a sample pack with say a couple of sheets of each at A4? Or somewhere in London I can see and feel their product range!?

Many thanks

Rob
Rob Youngson - Unit Stills Photographer by Day, Analogue Photographer by Night www.robyoungsonphotography.com - Instagram/Twitter - @unitstillsrob

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Which Hahnemuhle?!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

Hahnemühle UK Suite 5, St. Mary's Court Carelton Forehoe GB-Norwich NR9 4AL Phone: (+44) 0845 3300 129, or Simon.Waller@hahnemuehle.com would have sample books of the full paper range. A pro photo retail outlet in London that carries a variety of paper stock should also have these sample books. A Google search indicates quite a few outlets that may have such sample books: Inkjet paper dealers UK
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up