Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Printer color is wrong  (Read 7890 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Printer color is wrong
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 07:47:47 am »

Glad you've landed on something workable at least to get the prints made satisfactorily, but of course the "mystery" persists. It could be useful to others if the manufacturer you're dealing with did some further diagnosis - perhaps he/she needs to have their P7000 re-alligned or inspected by a qualified Epson service tech to make sure it is performing within spec; that would at least solve for that variable and indicate whether there is a Windows issue. But if there were a Windows ICM issue one would expect a number of reports to be accumulating from people using this combination and trying to profile their printers (may not be a huge number however). Did you find out how Epson's canned profiles work on his P7000 with an Epson paper similar to the new media you are using? That could also be indicative.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »

I agree with what Mark said.  It's extremely unlikely that Windows is affecting the printing of the targets unless there is some kind of user error.  I've been doing profiles for my various Epson printers using ACPU to print targets and have not had any issues at all.  I do what Doug does and examine the statistics of the various patches in the set to make sure that there are not any wild differences.  In the case you describe it's more likely something with the printer.

Alan

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »

Agreed. Windows has no active colour management at the OS level, not the way Mac OS X does. Windows ICM is passive, and only does what a printing application calls upon it to do. If an app is printing targets wrong it's because the app is misconfigured (i.e. user error) or the app is broken. I don't know everything in the world :), but I'm not aware of any issues printing non-colour managed targets in any application on Windows, past or present. I print targets from i1Profiler, ACPU, Qimage, ImagePrint, ColorMunki Photo, old Photoshop, etc. and never have issues as long as the apps and printer drivers are configured correctly.

I'll caveat that by saying I don't use Windows 8.x or 10.x, so perhaps something with them has changed. But I don't expect that to be the case...

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 06:11:40 pm »

there is a minor bug with ACPU in that it prints out patches that are about 3% smaller than they should be with Windows (I'm using ArgyllCMS).  This is well known and doesn't impact creating profiles.

Alan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up