Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Lunches  (Read 16234 times)

Telecaster

Re: Free Lunches
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »

When I was a kid my dad & I often went fishing in Mitchell's Bay, Ontario. He joked more than once with my mom & me that the smallmouth bass in the Bay were feistier than elsewhere because Lake St. Clair contained less heavy water (D2O) than the other Great Lakes. (I grew up in the sort of household where you'd both get this joke and find it funny.)

-Dave-

Ray

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:12 pm »

Oh Ray, what's an atom, more or less, here or there!

;-)

Rob

Could be everything, regarding your personal life. Join a hydrogen, carbon and nitrogen atom together, and you have the deadly poisonous gas, Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN).  Okay! ;)

Rob C

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 04:04:40 am »

When I was a kid my dad & I often went fishing in Mitchell's Bay, Ontario. He joked more than once with my mom & me that the smallmouth bass in the Bay were feistier than elsewhere because Lake St. Clair contained less heavy water (D2O) than the other Great Lakes. (I grew up in the sort of household where you'd both get this joke and find it funny.)

-Dave-

Which explains the escape to guitars! And the effort to learn how to play 'em. A good amp and you hear nothing else (ever again?)!

;-)

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:10 pm »

Which explains the escape to guitars! And the effort to learn how to play 'em. A good amp and you hear nothing else (ever again?)!

;-)

Helped get me out of cleaning fish, that's for sure.  8)

-Dave-

AreBee

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 04:08:36 pm »

Rob,

In view of the apparent temporary - if understandable - death of this section of LuLa...

What do you consider to be the underlying reason for the apparent temporary - if understandable - death of this section of LuLa?

AreBee

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

Rob,

...I felt an obligation to try to apply some helpful sparks to its chest...

Did you feel obliged to try to apply some helpful sparks to its chest because you are responsible for the apparent temporary - if understandable - death of this section of LuLa?

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2016, 07:31:57 am »

I've come late to this discussion but am enjoying it.  Nothing to contribute at this time though - keep it up guys....

Jim

Telecaster

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

The old man in action, locale unknown (but could well be Mitchell's Bay), c. 1958. Likely taken by his friend Ben.

:D

-Dave-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up