Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

New Sigma lenses - 12-24/4 Art, 500/4 Sport, 85/1.4 Art

<< < (6/6)

NancyP:
Hulyss, you shoot fashion, don't you? I would agree that your approach makes eminent sense for fashion. Your gear money would be weighted heavily toward decent flash gear and enough modifiers and stands (or voice activated holders, eg assistants) to be maximally versatile.

Hulyss:
Hello Nancy,

I shoot Women first and fashion when it is needed. My approach have almost nothing to do with material; it was, few years ago when needed. Most of my work is training girls because none of them are models. I find them in the street or they seek my services to be trained, over a short or extended period of time. I have no assistants, no money and not that much material after all. In my position brain and patience are more important tools than any gear. But I'm surrounded by gearheads who lend me good stuff sometimes this is why I do have a sharp eye on photographer's need.

A photographer need at first a subject to shoot or inspiration; then come the material :)

kers:
Must say that i very much like the Sigma Art 50mm lens.
Not only the sharpness but also the rendering, coating and colour.
I have used the two latest 50mm lenses from Nikon and the 58mm.
The 50mm were mediocre and cheap, the 58mm is a speciality lens with outstanding coatings and colour, butnot very shrp in the center wide open and never really sharp in the corner.
A plain good 50 mm is still lacking.  I am very glad Sigma filled that gap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version