Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.  (Read 16637 times)

wnichols

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 116
    • Irvine Headshot Photographer
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 07:27:08 pm »

As I wait for my X1D to get here I can't help but marvel at the stupidity of the 4116 special edition of this undelivered camera being announced.  Let's release a special edition, before we have even delivered to customers. 

I love and have long shot hasselblad's (although on my H series I moved to a Phase back, but that was to have flexibility in use with a tech cam) but this kind of nonsense drives me crazy at times.
Logged

LA30

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 213
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 07:58:53 pm »

As I wait for my X1D to get here I can't help but marvel at the stupidity of the 4116 special edition of this undelivered camera being announced.  Let's release a special edition, before we have even delivered to customers. 

Hasselblad is funny that way. I'll be curious to see if they ever get the heat under control with a final firmware.
Logged

Joe Towner

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1380
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 11:59:22 am »

Actually it makes sense to announce the 4116 at this point - anyone who wanted it in black will now hold off on their original X1D order and that frees up unused inventory to make others happy.  If I wanted it in black, and found out 2 weeks after I got my X1D that they're now available in black, I'd be pissed and expect a full retail value on my trade in.

-Joe
Logged
t: @PNWMF

BAB

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 535
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 10:01:03 pm »

We should be able to choose the color we want but black is not a color by the way?
Logged
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Joseph Colson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • Joe Colson Photography
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 09:32:46 am »

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 09:43:48 am »

I guess that they need a bit more time to finalize the firmware.

I wish them the best of luck.

Cheers,
Bernard

hasselbladfan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 576
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 10:22:41 am »

I got a message yesterday from my Leica dealer that the demo I asked is delayed till end October.
Logged

jacsin

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 11:01:22 pm »

Delivery expected end November in Japan...
Logged

rogan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 195
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 09:52:42 am »

Early on I remember hearing about a H lens adapter and since then have heard nothing about it and it is not on their site. Did I dream this or has it not been mentioned since the launch?
Logged

BAB

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 535
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:39 am »

The H lenses adapter is an accessory that will be available but you will lose AF with your H lenses! The loss of AF was just released?
Logged
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

douglevy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 368
    • New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 11:51:18 am »

Loss of af?! Dealbreaker for me. Is that official?

Neil Williams

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 580
    • Neil's Photography
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 07:41:36 am »

Getting mine on the 15th :)
Logged

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 08:05:02 am »

Hi,

This wording: "There’s a clear benefit for existing Hasselblad users, he explains: ‘H system camera users can buy an adapter to use all our other lenses, currently without autofocus. That’s something that might come later, but no promises. This means there are sixteen lenses, including the three native ones, that can be used.’"

From this interview: https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/2280876023/hasselblad-interview-at-photokina-2016

Just to say, the interview is a very interesting read!

Best regards
Erik


Loss of af?! Dealbreaker for me. Is that official?
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

hubell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1136
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:12 am »

Getting mine on the 15th :)

My sense is that nobody really knows when X1Ds will actually start to be delivered to customers. I am curious why you believe you have a date certain.

Don Libby

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 824
  • Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »

what month... better yet what year  ;D

mtakeda

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 12:29:33 am »

They have announced the 4th.delay of the shipment. This time the president of the company made announcement with vague philosophical statement. Nothing about the reason of delay.
Logged

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 12:42:03 am »

Hey,

Nothing uncommon that deliveries take time. A very large part of the effort goes into firmware development and also power and heat management. The initial announcement of the X1D was very early with largely unfinished firmware. Software development very often falls behind schedule, especially the first time you do it.

As you know, Sony makes the sensors and their factories were hit by a major earthquake, production is up and running now, but they have a giant backlog to fill. So, sensors may be a bottleneck.

Well, it is a long wait. I also had a ling wait for my Sony A7rII. It was announced early June and I got mine  in September. Hasselblad will ship X1Ds in numbers when they can. Be sure that they do what they can to get things into production.

Best regards
Erik


They have announced the 4th.delay of the shipment. This time the president of the company made announcement with vague philosophical statement. Nothing about the reason of delay.
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 02:49:38 am »

Finally had the chance to play with one btw.

Overall very nice. The EVF is nice... for an EVF. It feels terrible compared to the OVF of the H6D I had just tried seconds before. But the again the H6D OVF may be the best there is.

Cheers,
Bernard

mtakeda

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:32 am »

I am not questioning about the delay. The issue here is that they did not explain the reason of delay. Up to this statement they never came out to keep us informed. They claimed the success beyond their expectation but they disregarded all those customers who made Hassel management feel success.
Logged

Theodoros

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2454
Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 08:04:18 am »

Finally had the chance to play with one btw.

Overall very nice. The EVF is nice... for an EVF. It feels terrible compared to the OVF of the H6D I had just tried seconds before. But the again the H6D OVF may be the best there is.

Cheers,
Bernard

I believe it depends on the type of photography one has to deal with. IMO, there is nothing (or will ever be) to replace a good OVF when hand holding the camera... Clearly one's mind visualizes much better when there is direct eye contact (through the lens) with the subject. On cases though that visualization happens with direct vision (without looking through the lens), then EVF or OVF won't matter, it's LV on the rear screen (or tethered LV) that becomes important as to frame and focus on what has been visualized. Therefore, I think that mirrorless are much more flexible when tripods come into play (especially if used along with a bellows camera) and DSLR is for hand held photography.

But one shouldn't forget the motion picture part that is included on (almost) all modern Cmos offerings... I guess OVF (along with the mirrorbox) is completely useless for the video part of imaging...
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up