Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Epson 9900 printing magenta faces

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ken Doo:
I'd try powering the printer off and back on. Run a full cleaning cycle.  Replace any "low" ink cartridges regardless of ink remaining. I've seen issues on occasion (albeit rare) when the ink drops down below 5%; cartridge issue?

ken

dgberg:

--- Quote from: Ken Doo on August 13, 2016, 10:24:43 am ---I'd try powering the printer off and back on. Run a full cleaning cycle.  Replace any "low" ink cartridges regardless of ink remaining. I've seen issues on occasion (albeit rare) when the ink drops down below 5%; cartridge issue?

ken

--- End quote ---
Thanks Ken

Farmer:
Create a PDF of the image - check the colour is good.  Print through the Epson driver (make sure it's not the Apple driver sneaking its way in after an update).

2 things:

If the PDF is wrong, there's a problem somewhere in the workflow - could be the flow itself (very unlikely since it works on the 3880 and you know what you're doing), or it could be the apps or the OS colour management.  I'm betting there's nothing wrong with the PDF, but it's worth testing.

If the PDF is right and it prints wrong, regardless of your nozzle checks, there's something wrong with the printer or the driver (are you using custom paper settings, profiles, etc)?  Completely trash the driver and all settings and download and install it again.  If the PDF is right and it prints right, then it's something to do with PS or LR which is unlikely given it's not the known OS X colour management bug because you're not colour managing in the apps and that bug has fixes released now anyway.

The suggestion to change carts is also valid, although I'd start by gently agitating (shaking) each of them and checking the expiry dates and think about how long they've been sitting in the printer since you put them in as new carts.

Also, do you see the same problem with other faces in regular photos (not from paintings)?

alifatemi:
Sedimentation usually cause this problem. upload a good picture of your nassl chack patern here and I might help you with that. Are all your prints have a red cast or just this file?

digitaldog:

--- Quote from: Farmer on August 13, 2016, 05:18:29 pm ---Create a PDF of the image - check the colour is good.  Print through the Epson driver (make sure it's not the Apple driver sneaking its way in after an update).

--- End quote ---
I agree and would add, the OP also print a color reference image that has known, well defined RGB values. That way we know if the issue is the document or the printer.

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version