Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested  (Read 55851 times)

rdonson

Re: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2016, 11:39:39 am »

I got my X-T2 Monday along with the vertical battery grip but I've had very little time to dig into it.  A couple of my personal quick impressions/thoughts...  YMMV

- I wear glasses and while the new eyecup is an improvement I still prefer the extended eyecup (which works with the X-T2)
- my Lensmate thumb grip for the X-T1 works well as there is no physical change on that portion of the camera
- I've ordered a new threaded shutter release button
- the new processor makes the camera a lot more responsive in viewing images, going through the menus, etc.
- gotta learn the new menus then customize the menus and buttons to my preferences
- love the "C" setting on the EC dial - now I can easily control it from the front command dial and extend it from -5 to +5 EV
- love the new bracket that allows for 2EV spread (still wish for more than 3 shots though)
- VBG is very well thought out and doesn't feel clunky at all - easy to take on and off the camera
- the dial lock releases are excellent

More after I've had quality time behind the lens

Regards,
Ron

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »

Received mine yesterday,

Miss having the play button on the right side as with X-Pro2 (wonder if you can program Q button to be play?)

AF on my mine is hit and miss, with the 16-55.  3 shots all in AF mode, 2 sharp, 1 slightly off, happens a lot.  Not sure if the 16-55 needs new firmware or what.  Will try other glass later.  Verified that the lens is OK in M mode on tripod 12 shots all the same, so the focus by wire on my unit is a bit off.

LR seems a tad better in the finer stuff, pine needles especially look a bit more real now.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rand47

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2016, 03:20:20 pm »

Miss having the play button on the right side as with X-Pro2 (wonder if you can program Q button to be play?)

You can't program the Q button to be anything but the Q menu.  But its interal items can be changed somewhat.

BUT, you can program any of the other function buttons to be playback.  I had assigned it to the lower button on the 4 pad-buttons.  Since I also use an X-Pro2, I too, loved not having to do "the stretch" to the left side of the camera body.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »

Rand,

Great idea, and thanks.  I agree the play on the right side is hard to beat.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2016, 06:24:55 am »

Tried the X-T1 quite liked it there are some notable improvements at least on paper. Not sure the about the price seems rather steep might improve over time
Shame there is no IBIS that might have swung it for me

rdonson

« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:31 am »

I think Fuji has said IBIS would not fit in the current bodies. 

Regards,
Ron

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2016, 11:22:48 am »

Just wish that the current 16-55 had the IS,  I see that Fuji has a new version coming out of the 16-55 with IS, assuming it is also the XF level.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:23 am »

Just wish that the current 16-55 had the IS,  I see that Fuji has a new version coming out of the 16-55 with IS, assuming it is also the XF level.

Paul C

Where did you see they are coming out with an updated one? They had said a long time it was too expensive and would make the lens too large to add IS. it already is quite large.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

mbaginy

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2016, 11:38:12 am »

Where did you see they are coming out with an updated one? They had said a long time it was too expensive and would make the lens too large to add IS. it already is quite large.

Alan
The 16-55 is a real beast.  I seldom use mine despite the excellent image quality, simply due to the bulk.  IS would be a nice feature.  But more weight?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2016, 12:57:18 pm »

Alan

Hi Alan, back on Fuji rumors a few months ago, there was post where Fuji had patented a new 16-55 with IS, not seen much since then however.

Here is the link:

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=Fuji+16-55

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »

I am thinking of moving to the 18-135 as it covers most of my needed range, and seems to be a good lens, can't remember if it's XF weather sealed or not, but has IS.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2016, 12:34:48 am »

What Fuji needs (as in I would buy one) is a 16-70/80 F4, weather sealed and with competitive image quality. I see that Olympus is supposedly bringing a 12-100 F4 Pro which weighs about as much as the 55-200 from Fuji. Make the Fuji lighter and you have something ideal for hiking.

rdonson

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2016, 08:58:01 am »

I am thinking of moving to the 18-135 as it covers most of my needed range, and seems to be a good lens, can't remember if it's XF weather sealed or not, but has IS.

Paul C

Paul, I have the 18-135 and it is indeed WR.   It's my do everything lens for walkabouts in small towns, historic districts and short hikes.  It has good optics but not really great.  I've found it sharpest around 50mm.  I've used it in the rain without issue on my X-T1 and probably will with my X-T2.  It's on my camera more than any other lens until a situation requires something else.

I'd like to acquire a 50-140 and a 16-55 but they are beasts compared to the 18-135. 
Regards,
Ron

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2016, 11:12:06 am »

Hi Alan, back on Fuji rumors a few months ago, there was post where Fuji had patented a new 16-55 with IS, not seen much since then however.

Here is the link:

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=Fuji+16-55

Paul C

Hardly credible, I would really doubt they would do a duplicate with IS. But who knows.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2016, 11:31:02 am »

Hi Alan.

Lost me a bit on the hardly creditable??  It's an official patent from Fuji Corp with the registration number at least rhat is how I read it.

And Fuji rumors tends to be about 90 to 95 percent fact based as I read their posts.

I agree strange to have to lenses same focal length zoom and Fuji may never make it but the patent request looks legit. I guess only time will tell.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

I have been shooting with the X-T2 for a few weeks now.  A camera to get excited about.  I'll have a video and first impressions report early next week.  Shot with it in Greenland and was amazed at its performance.  Using it in the Dolomites now.  I am having no AF issues with any of the lenses I have.  The 100-400 is amazing.   More coming soon.  Big week next week with Photokina.  I will have more to say about thing starting on Tuesday.  Some interesting things are expected.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2016, 01:28:44 pm »

Paul,

I suspect the patent may be the original design, which they then changed, but pure speculation. A lot of people are not happy with the size and a larger version would be bigger issue I would think. They also stated in an interview about the lens, that they wanted ultimate image quality, and the Fuji engineer said that the IS might compromise the IQ slightly, so that is also why it was left out.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2016, 01:29:37 pm »

Kevin,

Looking forward to all the reports from Photokina and your views on the X-T2, I know I am sure enjoying mine.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2016, 06:18:33 pm »

I got mine last week. It's now rocking with my X-Pro2 in my Billingham Hadley Pro bag with a couple of Fuji primes.

I so don't miss my Canon FF DSLRs and huge L glass.

Bud James

www.budjames.photography
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2016, 12:06:19 pm »

Is there no option to embed full size JPEG previews in the raw file?

I am not talking about the Raw+Fine option to create two files per photo, purely about the JPEG preview that is embedded in the raw file. As far as I can see, this is always 1920 x 1280 pixels, not the full 6000x4000, so it limits one's ability to review fine details in Photo Mechanic which uses the embedded preview. Have I missed something here?

I'll also warn you about the 14fps rate with the electronic shutter. OK, in the right circumstances it'll be great, but yesterday I tried it out at London's Speakers Corner - and it doesn't take many bursts to come home with way over 1000 frames to cull. That's why I was using PhotoMechanic!

John
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up