Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Request to Moderators for a Safe Space...  (Read 10436 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: A Request to Moderators for a Safe Space...
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 10:51:15 am »

Congrats to Portugal for winning the title! ...I'm particularly happy for Fernando Santos! ...I bet Paulo is celebrating with the crowd in the streets right now!

Thanks! Indeed it was a great day, and a great win. I guess the French did find a way to neutralize Ronaldo, it took 8 minutes just to injure him:)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 02:48:15 pm »

It is a sad world when statement of simple facts are taken as "non-safe"
No need to take my comment in such a light-hearted thread too seriously, as long as this thread doesn't degenerate in a "mine is best/longest/highest/......, and I have the numbers to prove it" it's fine by me  ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

NancyP

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »

Let's reserve the "best" for the scenic vistas, the "highest" for the mountains, and the "longest" for the rivers - after all, this is Landscape oriented.

Theodoros

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2016, 07:23:16 am »

Thanks! Indeed it was a great day, and a great win. I guess the French did find a way to neutralize Ronaldo, it took 8 minutes just to injure him:)

Please free your mind Paulo... There was nothing done in purpose in Ronaldo's injury... The defender goes for the ball and actually achieves to defend successfully! The knees of the two collide after the defender is down (having tackled the ball) and Ronaldo falls on him... IMO, there was no reason for the refery to call a foul at all... The fact that the defender goes on the ball with passion is rather irrelevant, it's Ronaldo he is defending, one can't expect him to "defend with his eyes only"... In fact, I've seen Ronaldo being tackled much harder than that by other defenders. The injury could have gone either way, or could not have happened at all... Injuries like that happen even inside the home of a team when practicing... Again, congratulations to Portugal for a great win that they deserved every bit of it... Special congratulations to Fernando Santos for the great tactics that where (IMO) the decisive factor as to bring the cup to Portugal.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 09:35:44 am »

Please free your mind Paulo... There was nothing done in purpose in Ronaldo's injury... The defender goes for the ball and actually achieves to defend successfully! The knees of the two collide after the defender is down (having tackled the ball) and Ronaldo falls on him... IMO, there was no reason for the refery to call a foul at all... The fact that the defender goes on the ball with passion is rather irrelevant, it's Ronaldo he is defending, one can't expect him to "defend with his eyes only"... In fact, I've seen Ronaldo being tackled much harder than that by other defenders. The injury could have gone either way, or could not have happened at all... Injuries like that happen even inside the home of a team when practicing... Again, congratulations to Portugal for a great win that they deserved every bit of it... Special congratulations to Fernando Santos for the great tactics that where (IMO) the decisive factor as to bring the cup to Portugal.

I was joking, of course, as witnessed by the smiley at the end of the sentence. BUT... was it a coincidence that only a few minutes after, Evra hits the same knee again? Hmmmm:)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up