Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom - Image Colorspace of existing PSDs  (Read 1437 times)

DaveRichardson

Lightroom - Image Colorspace of existing PSDs
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »

I have just moved from Bridge to Lightroom  however I am puzzled over one item.

Where in library (or develop/print modules) can I see the colorspace  of an image. I am not talking about RAW files but existing PSDs/TIFFs many of which are in Adobe RGB.*

The reason for the question is that my printer profiles were built using Argyll. Argyll requires the source profile to build the output profile for perceptual rendering intent. I therefore have separate printer profiles depending on the source profile of the image.   In Bridge /Photoshop it was clear which to use - in Lightroom I cannot find that info.

I was not sure whether to post this in the Lightroom or Colour Management section of the forum.

* Edit to add : I should have said PSDs/TIFFs saved with an ICC profile of Adobe RGB

Thanks

Dave
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:29:16 pm by DaveRichardson »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Lightroom - Image Colorspace of existing PSDs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:56:58 pm »

You can build a smart collection to collect images by the source color space. The criteria is "Source Profile".  But Develop doesn't show you that info (in camera calibration it lists only 'Embedded' for rendered images that have such an embedded ICC Profile).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

DaveRichardson

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:33:24 pm »

Andrew,
Thanks for the quick response. That is a bit of a blow. It looks like it's back to Bridge and Photoshop for printing TIFFs and PSDs. At least the keywording I expanded and tidied up in Lightroom is readable and searchable in bridge  :)

Thanks again
Dave

Mac Mahon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:33:22 am »

Andrew,
Thanks for the quick response. That is a bit of a blow. It looks like it's back to Bridge and Photoshop for printing TIFFs and PSDs. At least the keywording I expanded and tidied up in Lightroom is readable and searchable in bridge  :)

Thanks again
Dave
Dave
Why not use Andrew's suggestion:  Create a smart collection for all images with, say, AdobeRGB in the source profile name, then select all those images (select all) and add AdobeRGB as a keyword.
Then for any PSD or TIFF image you want to print which print profile you should use by inspecting its keywords.
Just a thought
Tim

DaveRichardson

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:44:38 am »

Dave
Why not use Andrew's suggestion:  Create a smart collection for all images with, say, AdobeRGB in the source profile name, then select all those images (select all) and add AdobeRGB as a keyword.
Then for any PSD or TIFF image you want to print which print profile you should use by inspecting its keywords.

I like this and it will work. I did look at Andrew's suggestion but had not thought about using it to add a Profile keyword.

Tim/Andrew - thanks both for your help

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up