Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premade card stock  (Read 954 times)

Benny Profane

Premade card stock
« on: July 12, 2016, 07:47:17 pm »

Just did a quick project with my new printer, making some Xmas cards for the girlfriend. Used the "entradalope" product from Moab. Awesome. And, it's a paper I can easily live with as a matte product in my quiver, so making a card is a snap when the moment presents itself.
My question is, do other paper companies have a pre made card package like this? (Scored cards and envelopes?) especially in the more photo like papers, that use PK blacks? Or, second, who's taken this to it's more cost efficient level, when you just make your own cards, score and fold them, and package them yourselves? Is it hard to score them? What tool do you need? How do you box them afterwards? The boxes are hard to find, I found.

Thanks.

howardm

Re: Premade card stock
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:05:07 pm »

Red River has a pretty broad selection of card stock and envelopes.  I think Hahn and other also make cards in a metal tin etc etc.

garyhill

• Gary Hill Landscape Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »

Museo have a range of artist cards that are pre-scored and include envelopes. I have been using them for about about 12 months and have been very happy with the quality for landscape photography. You can download templates from their website as well as ICC printer profiles for many printers. Link to there product page is below.

http://www.museofineart.com/index.php/products/

Cheers,

Gary

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 01:48:23 pm »

I also have been using Museo card stock and find them of good quality.

Alan

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 04:28:06 pm »

I just use Epson Ultra Premium Paper Matt Double Sided. I cut it half, making two 8.5"x5.5" sheets. I print them then fold in half....no scoring needed. They fit in  standard size envelopes which I buy at Staples. Here is my web page showing examples.
Good Luck
Dave in NJ
http://www.modernpictorials.com/note_card_image%20gallery.html

Ray R

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 04:37:50 pm »

I think it depends on how many cards you intend to make.

I use matte papers, and bought one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creasing-Machine-30g-450g-Creaser-SRA3/dp/B013SQ2AK0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468441445&sr=8-2&keywords=card+creasing

It took a bit of playing around to get it satisfactory - this was the cheapest I found with a quick browse, the others were £30 more but looked similar.

Once it is set up I would say that it is quite quick - put the card in facedown, press the lever, then on the the next one. I find that I also use a bone paper creaser to 'sharpen' the crease up.

I think with a gloss paper you may suffer from some cracking.

I always make sure the cards are in common sizes so that the envelopes are easy to obtain. Buying the envelopes separate allows a choice of quality and colour.

I also put them in cello bags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up