Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aggravating OS X Behavior Solved!  (Read 1762 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Aggravating OS X Behavior Solved!
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:02:09 pm »

Hi guys, maybe this will be of interest to someone who was going through the same thing. It seemed that anytime I pugged in my iPhone, iPad, or a camera's memory that the blasted iphoto would start and I would have to dismiss it's prompts.  Even after I went into iPhoto's preferences and told it to do nothing when connecting a camera this behavior continued. A quick Google search turned up the fact that I needed to go elsewhere to change this behavior and the elsewhere is in the "Image Capture" app. After it was set properly all is well again. I'll include the link below in case there are others having the same problem although, in retrospect, I should have realized that the iPhoto preferences only had a preference box for "connected cameras"

http://www.howtogeek.com/207091/how-to-stop-iphoto-from-starting-when-you-plug-in-an-iphone-ipad-or-memory-card/

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Aggravating OS X Behavior Solved!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:04:33 pm »

An alternative is to launch terminal and run

defaults -currentHost write com.apple.ImageCapture disableHotPlug -bool YES

Jeremy

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »

I'm about as comfortable in Terminal as I was making changes to the Windows registry  :)

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »

I'm about as comfortable in Terminal as I was making changes to the Windows registry  :)

It's a lot less dangerous. If you're not a superuser, there's not much damage you can do. Cut and paste the command. It does work!

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up