Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded LRCC, can't open it  (Read 1399 times)

walter.sk

Upgraded LRCC, can't open it
« on: June 08, 2016, 03:37:00 pm »

I just upgraded to the new version of LR CC on a Windows 10 machine.  I upgraded through the Adobe Cloud app, and it confirmed that the upgrade finished OK.  When I tried to open the new LR I got a message that my catalogue was in use by another program.  I made sure that no version of LR was open, and retried.  Same error message.

After a reboot of the computer, I still get the same message.  Any ideas out there?

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: Upgraded LRCC, can't open it
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:49:46 pm »

Normally that is caused by an orphaned LOCK file left behind by a previous shutdown issue.  With Lightroom closed, go to the folder where your catalog resides and look for a file with the same name as your catalog but with the extension LOCK.  Rename this file. Launch Lightroom.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:06:46 pm by RikkFlohr »
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »

Thanks Rikk I have had this same issue in the past. Never knew about the shutdown lock.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:32:29 pm »

Many thanks!  I renamed the Lock file and LR is now checking the integrity of the catalogue.  I assume I'm home free!

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 02:54:52 pm »

Well, I did get my catalogue back, with all the ratings and keywords.  Whew!  However, my Edit In presets are gone, as are what I think were settings in my Preferences file...for example, the font size in the LR interface.  Did the new LR overwrite my Prefs file and Presets, or is there a way to reclaim them?  What directory would they be in?
Pages: [1]   Go Up