Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serenade  (Read 6306 times)

Rob C

Re: Serenade
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 05:15:00 pm »

I think we have all had a go at a pepper. One of the better ones I have seen was by a club member who is quietly and sneakily good. She's pushing 70, can't even be 5 feet tall, a retired PE teacher (what) and hers was beautifully done. The lighting was superb, so soft and subtle. I asked her how she did it and she said she simply adjusted the curtains in her living room until it worked, took a one second exposure. She too promptly eat the pepper.

Myself I ambushed a fennel before it was used.

Mike

And created a rather interesting wooded landscape out of it. You see how it goes?

Rob

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 02:23:24 am »

I don't see any wooded landscape at all, you're projecting onto the image :) The image I saw is a play of light colour and form and that's all. Nothing more.

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 03:53:32 am »

I don't see any wooded landscape at all, you're projecting onto the image :) The image I saw is a play of light colour and form and that's all. Nothing more.

What a shame!

Instead, I see an image of a fallen pine tree with sections of the tunk cut off it, lying sadly on the ground, realising that the end for it is not only nigh, but almost in the past; that it, once-proud monarch of the woods is now just junk, destined for living death as rafter, cheap shutter, window frame or firewood, in case of which latter fate it must play host to wandering wolf spiders and occasional snakes and almost certainly woodworm and, in Spain, lizards.

So much in a image that was born dumb, devoid of message, as all images are until they fall into the minds of others, to be done with as those others will...

Rob C

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 03:56:34 am »

Quite so - until they fall into the minds of others - then everyone sees something different and there is no universal truth :)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 04:55:41 am »

Quite so - until they fall into the minds of others - then everyone sees something different and there is no universal truth :)

Universal truth comes when the concept, craft, heart and a little magic in the artist are present.

Peter 

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:43 am »

Are you suggesting that any work can be viewed by anyone and the same conclusions drawn from it?

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 06:03:25 am »

it must play host to wandering wolf spiders and occasional snakes and almost certainly woodworm and, in Spain, lizards.

And mould
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up