Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Major release of Photoshop CC coming soon?  (Read 22636 times)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
Re: Major release of Photoshop CC coming soon?
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 10:01:59 am »

Downloaded the latest update a few hours ago.

Using a Mac on Yoaemite. No problems with updating. No problems running the new software.

Content aware spotting much quicker and visibly improved. Big deal for me. I do a lot of product photography. The face aware liquefy is creepy in so far as how easy it is to use. I see myself using it a lot with corporate clothing catalogues where we do large volumes and models are never quite right for my fussy client. Content aware crop works as well as was indicated in the teaser video. I will most likely use it on occasion as well. Actually it is quite impressive. Must look at content aware scale and see if that is improved.

The select and mask feature built into all the selection tools is also going to be useful for me.

I suspect a lot of these features will suit commercial guys and perhaps not landscape photographers so much. For me it is very useful.  Didn't look at the stuff that doesn't concern me such as art boards and so on.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 01:59:32 pm »

Thankfully, all but two of my plugins carried over this time with a simple copy & paste. The two that didn't were DxO Viewpoint 2 and Topaz Impression. Both had to be manually reinstalled.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:05:32 pm by Rajan Parrikar »

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 03:52:31 pm »

Thankfully, all but two of my plugins carried over this time with a simple copy & paste. The two that didn't were DxO Viewpoint 2 and Topaz Impression. Both had to be manually reinstalled.

None of my plug-ins transferred... quite a few too... Nik, OnOne10 and OnOne 9, the above mentioned as well, plus various others that I've collected and use.. Any easy way to re-enable them without re-installing?

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 03:57:45 pm »

None of my plug-ins transferred... quite a few too... Nik, OnOne10 and OnOne 9, the above mentioned as well, plus various others that I've collected and use.. Any easy way to re-enable them without re-installing?

As I said, I had to copy and paste. They don't transfer automatically. Nik and OnOne should work with c & p.

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2016, 04:03:06 pm »

Adobe FAQ from Jeff Tranberry says you need to reinstall plug-ins with Photoshop CC 2015.5.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2016/06/faq-photoshop-cc-2015-5-now-available.html

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 04:25:03 pm »

Wouldn't you know it... :-\

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

Adobe says :

“Because Photoshop CC 2015.5 is a major version update it will install completely separately from the current version of Photoshop CC”

Seems odd if it’s a “major” version update they didn’t just go ahead and call it Photoshop CC 2016.

The new "Select and Mask Taskspace" looks pretty good.

rdonson

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 04:50:39 pm »

Adobe says :

“Because Photoshop CC 2015.5 is a major version update it will install completely separately from the current version of Photoshop CC”

Seems odd if it’s a “major” version update they didn’t just go ahead and call it Photoshop CC 2016.

Unless there is another update in the works that will be PS CC 2016...
Regards,
Ron

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

Quote "Unless there is another update in the works that will be PS CC 2016..." end quote.
Maybe ACR 10 and Lightroom CC 2016/ LR 7 8)
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

bjanes

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2016, 07:11:56 pm »

Adobe FAQ from Jeff Tranberry says you need to reinstall plug-ins with Photoshop CC 2015.5.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2016/06/faq-photoshop-cc-2015-5-now-available.html

Nonetheless, my Topaz plugins and Focus magic plugin are working normally after a copy and paste transfer to the new plugin folder.

Bill

rdonson

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »

All my filters and plugins work fine after the copy/paste from the previous CC PS version to the latest.
Regards,
Ron

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2016, 08:37:54 pm »

All my filters and plugins work fine after the copy/paste from the previous CC PS version to the latest.
Ditto. Everything seems to be working fine.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Simon Garrett

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 03:42:53 am »

Only a minor glitch with me: on two Windows 10 machines, after upgrading, the upgrade partially locked each machine until I rebooted (the start menu wouldn't work).  On one machine the upgrade failed at first: when I ran PS it claimed all sorts of file access failures, and I had to remove and reinstall it.  That's another hour of my life I shan't see again, but on the great scheme of things no great hassle. 

alfin

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2016, 03:44:22 am »

I will be happy the day the algorithm for content-aware crop can turn this kind of image without error.
Lars Mollerstrom

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 07:20:40 am »

Content aware crop, to me works just like standard content aware, net it's can't handle complex patterns period.  Same issues of not really being able to create a new image without replication.  The larger the swatch the worst the issue.  Most of the demo's on-line I have seen, you can see large pieces of the image just being duplicated.  I had hoped that Adobe would possibly reworked or improve the Content aware algorithm, but it seem like is the same. 

Just like the failure of Content aware scale, which was introduced in a previous release.  Attempting to grow an image with Content aware scale even an inch, created all types of image abnormalities within the file. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Benny Profane

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 08:05:55 am »

I will be happy the day the algorithm for content-aware crop can turn this kind of image without error.

There's probably a team of geeks working on that. Someday an art director will just be able to conjure up an image from some cloud service with whatever elements he/she thinks is needed, and, Ouila. Synthetic photography. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. There seems to be a market for push button creativity.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 12:48:02 am »

My install doesn't see any of my plugins.  Not sure what is going on.

Simon Garrett

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 04:14:31 am »

This is a new installation of Photoshop, so I don't think plug-ins will transfer automatically.  Either move them manually (Google for the folders to move) or reinstall them.  In the case of Nik plugins, I just ran the installer again, and Nik found the new location.  Much quicker than doing it manually, and saves any chance of mistakes. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 04:20:51 am »

The previous version of Photoshop was called Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, and the plugins would have been installed in a subfolder of that app in Applications / Program Files.

The latest update is in a folder called Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5. You just need to move the plugins into there.

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 04:38:43 am »

In Windows installing with the option to remove the old version, after the installation
finish just need to copy or move  the content inside c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\
to
c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\
The option to remove the old version will remove all Adobe stuff, but
will leave the third part stuff, which is exactly the files we need to copy.

For file operations nothing better than Double Commander, a cross platform
open source file manager with versions for Win/OSX/Linux/FreeBSD.
http://doublecmd.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:46:46 am by Pictus »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up