Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issue/bug with phocus 3  (Read 1773 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
issue/bug with phocus 3
« on: June 09, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »

Hi All

I have a hasseclblad H3D 39. I use it on View Camera.

The dealer in Ireland I know would not be able to answer my query. (I just sent an email to Hassie. They are not also the best at responding so I'm posting here too.)

I updated phocus to version 3.02.

I use 2 screens. One for the image viewer and the other for tools and thumbnails.

The scene calibration tool which I use to remove the colour cast no longer seems to work properly.

I use my calibration image to remove the colour cast and create a preset. When I apply these settings to the photos I want to remove the colour cast from, the colour cast not longer actually get removed (permanently). The colour cast is removed from the image on the screen with the viewer but not on the screen with the thumbnails and tools. If I save the settings, go to say the next image and than back again, than the colour cast is back.

This seems to be a bug on the new release that only started on version 3. It was never like this before. Anyone else with the same problem. It occurred on version 3 and now on version 3.02. I can go to an older version but interested to see if anyone else had the same problem

Cheers

NickT

Re: issue/bug with phocus 3
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »

End are you using calibrations created in a previous version of the software?

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:17:34 pm »

End are you using calibrations created in a previous version of the software?

Hi Nick
No I shoot calibration shots specific to the scene while on location so I'm setting the calibration tool on images as I go. It's weird. I just noticed something. As I said if I click another image and than back to the freshly calibrated shot the settings are gone even wit the box ticked. However I noticed if I untick the box and retick it the cast is removed. I also noticed that if I process a raw to a tiff, it clearly has it removed even though it look like in phocus that the cast has not been removed.

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 04:29:31 pm »

I just downloaded version 2.9.2 from he archive and the problem is gone. It's a version 3 bug. Keen too hear feedback from other users who use backs on technical cameras (and scene calibration tool)

shaun

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 05:43:58 am »

Had an issue when tethered also with v3, couldn't change camera settings. Reverted back to older version. Also on my 1 year old mac book with firewire port was advised to go back to 2.8.4 as that was most stable with that configuration. Nothing is ever easy.

Shaun

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:26 am »

Had an issue when tethered also with v3, couldn't change camera settings. Reverted back to older version. Also on my 1 year old mac book with firewire port was advised to go back to 2.8.4 as that was most stable with that configuration. Nothing is ever easy.

Shaun

Ya Shaun. I think it is also a good reflection of how few Hassie users are on view cameras when a huge bug like this is still there after an update and has gone unnoticed!

NickT

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »

Enda I have reported this and it has been identified and will be fixed in 3.1 which is not far off.  :)

In the mean time the workaround is to zoom past 25% which means you are no longer looking at the preview (where the calibration is not being applied) but are instead looking at the actual file (where the calibration *is* being applied).

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 07:05:00 am »

Enda I have reported this and it has been identified and will be fixed in 3.1 which is not far off.  :)

In the mean time the workaround is to zoom past 25% which means you are no longer looking at the preview (where the calibration is not being applied) but are instead looking at the actual file (where the calibration *is* being applied).

Cheers Nick. I reported it too to my dealer and they logged it. I contacted Hasselblad first and was told that's what I need to do. I have to say, support with Phase One is much better. I only use Capture One but if I email Phase One I have an answer back within the hour. To be told I should contact a dealer who I knew would not have a solution, who should in turn give Hasselblad the same info I already gave them was bureaucracy for no reason.

I'm using the last 2.9 release and it's working fine now. That will keep me going until 3.1

Many thanks for the input Nick  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up