Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flans for a D200  (Read 2556 times)

MrIconoclast

Flans for a D200
« on: May 27, 2006, 03:42:48 pm »

I have finally broken down and order my first digital SLR.  My N90s is on permanent loan to a friend and I will keep the F100 as a backup body along with some color print film that is stashed in my freezer.

The body is the D200. Hopefully, I'll have it within a month.

As I understand the new and glorious world of digital photography, my old SB-26 speedlight will not work properly with the digital bodies.

My main use for flash is as fill-flash.  I use it to fill in shadows and the temper the harsh contrast of mid-day light.  I also use it to get more detail in animal fur, and to put the highly wanted 'catch-light' in the eye of various critters.

What Nikon flash should I get for this camera?  Any reason to prefer one over the other?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:46:05 pm by MrPaul »

Hank

Flans for a D200
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:19:27 pm »

Get the SB-800 and never look back.  In combo with the color matrix metering, it's the best ever for fill flash.  I have used it in A,M and P camera modes with equally good results.

colourperfect

• http://www.colourperfect.co.uk
Flans for a D200
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 12:21:49 pm »

The best bit is that you can use a SB800 along with the inbuilt D200 flash in wireless mode.

I went for two SB800's giving a total of three flashes. They all synch up together in iTTL mode.

On the D200 you can set +/- levels for each of the three flashes.

Truely amazing, head and shoulders above anything else ;-)

Ian

http://www.colourperfect.co.uk

MrIconoclast

Flans for a D200
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:31:05 am »

You've all convinced me to get the SB800.    Now, I just have to get the D200.  It's on order, but they don't have a clue as to when they will get their next shipment from Nikon.    So, for now, the F100 will have to do.  Hey, I think I can survive a while with an F100.  It's still an awesome camera even if it's not digital.
Pages: [1]   Go Up