Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to Baryta  (Read 12494 times)

rdonson

Re: Back to Baryta
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:10 am »

Atlex is now selling and promoting "Simply Elegant Gold Fiber" and they say to use the Ilford Gold Fibre profiles as the papers are exactly the same.  Of course the prices are quite a bit lower on the Simply Elegant Gold Fiber.  Is this just a rebranding of the same Flelix Schoeller paper??
Regards,
Ron

LGeb

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 12:51:22 pm »

Atlex is now selling and promoting "Simply Elegant Gold Fiber" and they say to use the Ilford Gold Fibre profiles as the papers are exactly the same.  Of course the prices are quite a bit lower on the Simply Elegant Gold Fiber.  Is this just a rebranding of the same Flelix Schoeller paper??

The itSupplies (sister site to Atlex) sure goes out of their way to imply that: "ICC PROFILES: Use your Ilford Gold Fibre profile, you won't see difference!"

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »

The itSupplies (sister site to Atlex) sure goes out of their way to imply that: "ICC PROFILES: Use your Ilford Gold Fibre profile, you won't see difference!"

If I get the samples I can measure them. Spectral plots give a good indication whether the paper is unique or resembles other papers. That next to same weight, sharing one profile and identical texture.

Stamps are not that expensive if you can get the same paper for a lower price!

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

rdonson

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 02:30:19 pm »

Ernst, what size sheets would you need??  How many sheets??
Regards,
Ron

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 04:12:46 am »

Ernst, what size sheets would you need??  How many sheets??

I have reduced it to 2x an A5 sheet. Approx. 15x21 cm, 6x8".
Please add the full and exact names + weight in pencil near the edge at the backside of each sheet.
Address in The Netherlands at the bottom of this page: http://www.pigment-print.com

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

donbga

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 05:22:03 pm »

The Hahnemühle Photo Silk Baryta is today's Felix Schoeller manufactured Ilford G. P. Gold Fibre Silk.  Felix Schoeller calls it J23160 True Baryta. All 310 gsm

FWIW, I contacted Felix Schoeller re: J23160 True Baryta, about it's availability for purchase in the USA. Unfortunately Felix Schoeller isn't available for direct purchase by the consumer.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up