Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000  (Read 435924 times)

martinmitch

• http://www.crispynails.co.uk/
ipf5000
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2006, 03:43:34 pm »

Hello John S,

I do not understand what you are trying to say?

Perhaps if you were  constructive in your critique of contributors to this thread concerning the Canon iPF5000 inkjet printer,individual  writers could develop a dialogue with you.

Have you ever considered building and using a pinhole camera?

Thanks
Martin Mitchell
Crispy Nails Animation Studio.

John S

ipf5000
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2006, 08:52:19 pm »

Martin,

I will get back to you when my custom Holga is finished! I may have to run to the store for some more electrial tape!

All the best!

John

Hello John S,

I do not understand what you are trying to say?

Perhaps if you were  constructive in your critique of contributors to this thread concerning the Canon iPF5000 inkjet printer,individual  writers could develop a dialogue with you.

Have you ever considered building and using a pinhole camera?

Thanks
Martin Mitchell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71299\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
ipf5000
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2006, 11:24:39 pm »

In making this decision I also had the privilege of doing some direct comparisons between 4800 and IPF5000 prints on both Matte and Gloss media. It is not clear that the IPF5000 is overall "best in its class". Based on my limited sample of results, I would say it is best in some respects and no better in others. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71265\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark,

Fair enough, I haven't had the chance to try the Canon myself, and my comment was based on different reviews that were basically saying that the Canon addressed many of the known shortcomings of the Epson printer (as you know I own a 4000 myself), and that the image quality on glossy stock was overall a bit better.

It is interesting to read that you current assessement is not as clear cut. Looking forward for additional feedback from you.

cheers,
Bernard

Gary Damaskos

ipf5000
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:10 pm »

For Gloss paper through the cassette choose PhotoPaperPlus. Been running Epson Premium Gloss Photo paper through just fine. I personally felt that the 1-5 choices were not the route for experimenting early on. I did profile through photopaperplus settings. I am happy. Where as Canon obviously could have and still could do better with information, the settings provided are turning out to be pretty flexible if we are not overly literal about interpreting them is what I am learning. I am using a Canon paper roll - Premium Super-gloss that the driver has not yet heard about. Now for that I am using Proofing paper, again made a profile, and everything is happy over here.

The prints I reviewed comparing Espon and Canon, loosely suggested that there was not going to be a world of difference in prints, just incremental in some areas. What really sold me was 12 inks and near instant switching between media types and matblack / glossblack. And that is so wonderful...

Otherwise good success (or struggle, to some degree we do choose).
Gary

Quote from: martinmitch,Jul 17 2006, 11:44 AM
Hello.

I'm using the Canon iPf5000 - slowly to print images and beginning to make profiles using PrintfixPRO,problems are beginning to appear in the software supplied by Cannon.

Using imagePrograph Photoshop plug-in problems are.

1]The types of paper described in supplied print profiles are of limited use when choosing to use the cassete why this should happen is incredibaly shortsighted and lousy writting of software by Canon,it's near impossible to print a gloss type paper through cassete,most of the time the photoshop plug-in sends you to manual or paper-roll for paper insertion to printer,the same with other paper choices from supplied profiles.This has to be rectified by Canon otherwise the printer will not sell to the public.This problem rears its head yet again when using Photoshop and Print Management why is beyond belief!!!

martinmitch

• http://www.crispynails.co.uk/
ipf5000
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2006, 06:38:50 am »

Hello Garycay,

This inforemation you posted is helpful and will try more open minded appoach to profiles supplied by Canon-thanks.

Quote from: Garycay,Jul 22 2006, 06:08 PM
For Gloss paper through the cassette choose PhotoPaperPlus. Been running Epson Premium Gloss Photo paper through just fine. I personally felt that the 1-5 choices were not the route for experimenting early on. I did profile through photopaperplus settings. I am happy. Where as Canon obviously could have and still could do better with information, the settings provided are turning out to be pretty flexible if we are not overly literal about interpreting them is what I am learning. I am using a Canon paper roll - Premium Super-gloss that the driver has not yet heard about. Now for that I am using Proofing paper, again made a profile, and everything is happy over here.

Note.

A] Settings 1-5 seem to be concerned with the amount of ink laid down when printing = 1  supplies less ink than 5 discovered after a few printing experiments.

B] When inserting paper into tray {top loader] using PrintFixPro to print out color charts there are no paper feed problems for me.Aussiephil in post 174 appears to not have paper feed problems with 'tray' when using Qimage software to print with the Canon iPF5000.
Does this suggest that the paper feed problem for the tray could be related to the software supplied with the printer by Canon or an issue with OSX-Tiger?

Thanks
Martin Mitchell
Crispy Nails Animation Studio.

Gregory

• http://www.gregory.hk
ipf5000
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2006, 11:15:38 am »

Our Epson 1280 had a blue cast maby it was a problem one and we had it serviced to.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69037\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dennis, my 1290 also has a blue cast (actually, blues are purple and greens aren't great) which to me occurred after Epson changed the mother board to solve another problem. did your 1280 get fixed? my printer is still under extended warranty (the last optional year) so maybe I should get it 'fixed' again.

did you get custom profiles made for your 1280? which service/software did you use?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the 1280/1290 to print on the new Innova F-type paper.

one problem with the 1280/1290. the ink isn't archival.

regards,
Gregory
Gregory's Blog: [url=http://www.gregory.

claudio_it

ipf5000
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2006, 06:31:12 am »

I use the ipf5000 from a month and I'm satisfied with the results. Up to now I used only two types of paper, Canon Photo Paper Plus (sheets) and Canon High Glossy Heavy Photo Paper (roll) with the canned ICC profile. Now I'd like to buy a spectrophotometer and software for make by itself profile, so which one is right for a printer with 12 colours?

Thanks

Claudio

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
ipf5000
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2006, 05:34:08 am »

Quote from: Gregory,Jul 24 2006, 10:15 AM
Dennis, my 1290 also has a blue cast (actually, blues are purple and greens aren't great) which to me occurred after Epson changed the mother board to solve another problem. did your 1280 get fixed? my printer is still under extended warranty (the last optional year) so maybe I should get it 'fixed' again.

Hi
No even after it was repaired in New Jersey the blue cast was there. No fault to the service they said it was OK. In the end we moved to Sydney Australia and we were using the 1280 on a step down transformer the problem continued and in the end we gave it away. We purchased the i9950 and with Jet Tec inks this is one great printer faster, quieter and NO BLUE CAST!!! Plus you can clean the head yourself with fliud cleaner from JET TEC.

Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Gary Damaskos

ipf5000
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2006, 11:06:33 pm »

1)Wherea have you found the papers? A couple of weeks ago I could not find most of the canon papers listed in the media guide for the iPF5000.

2)Take a look at the Colovision Printfix Pro Suite: probably the most bang for the buck out there. You can spend more and get better - maybe only slightly better for lots more. Lots depends on your parameters. Me I am happy with Colorvision and not having spent $1000+, instead more like $500ish. The 12 inks, or 4 inks, or 6, or 8 inks... don't interfere with the process....

Good luck. Yahoo has a support group for Colorvision.
Gary

I use the ipf5000 from a month and I'm satisfied with the results. Up to now I used only two types of paper, Canon Photo Paper Plus (sheets) and Canon High Glossy Heavy Photo Paper (roll) with the canned ICC profile. Now I'd like to buy a spectrophotometer and software for make by itself profile, so which one is right for a printer with 12 colours?

Thanks

Claudio
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71681\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

claudio_it

ipf5000
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2006, 04:32:18 am »

Quote from: Garycay,Jul 28 2006, 05:06 AM
1)Wherea have you found the papers? A couple of weeks ago I could not find most of the canon papers listed in the media guide for the iPF5000.

Tanks Gary
you are right, the Canon's documentation is abominable.
At this link http://www.canon.de/For_Work/Products/Medi...PageID=341915#2
you can find a matrix of compatibility (only codes).

Bye

Claudio

t4leta

ipf5000
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2006, 02:39:00 am »

Has anyone found any new information or reviews on the ipf5000. I have looked everywhere I know to look and haven't seen anything with any detail. I am patiently waiting to buy a new printer and would love to find out how the Canon is measuring up.

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=65557\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is a PDF that details the iPF5000

www.inkjetart.com/canon/wide/iPF5000_brochure.pdf

I hope this is useful.

Tom

inspiration.in.print

• Inspiration in print Ltd.
ipf5000
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:26 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog,Jun 28 2006, 10:47 PM
Michael sent me two targets today he printed on two different Canon 5000's (same paper from the same box). Note this isn't really enough data to say anything

Hi Andrew & Michael
I have been following both of your revues for over a month now. Every thing started very positively but I get the feeling that the original enthusiasm has disappeared.
As far as I can see there is very little constructive feed back or revues for this printer apart from Luminous Landscape.
I postponed buying a Epsom 7800 when I saw Michael review with the idea of buying the IPF 9000 when it becomes available in the UK.

Question to Michael:- are you still using this printer and do you still have your original enthusiasm for it.

Question to Andrew:- has the variation in colour between printers been resolved.

Robert
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:30:19 pm by Homebrewer-uk »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
ipf5000
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2006, 05:38:27 pm »

Question to Andrew:- has the variation in colour between printers been resolved.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73686\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I haven't received any additional targets.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

inspiration.in.print

• Inspiration in print Ltd.
ipf5000
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2006, 06:11:59 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your quick response Andrew

I suppose that is an answer in it self. their are probably not a lot of printers in the professional environment yet.

Robert

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
ipf5000
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2006, 01:20:11 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andrew, I'd be happy to provide a target off of my IPF5000 in Santa Fe if that would help..

Tony
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
ipf5000
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2006, 08:48:09 am »

Hi
Is there anyone who is making third party inks for this Canon yet?
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
ipf5000
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2006, 08:59:42 am »

Uwe S. at Outback has started a 5000 diary

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsigh...i043/essay.html

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
ipf5000
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2006, 09:23:28 am »

Andrew, I'd be happy to provide a target off of my IPF5000 in Santa Fe if that would help..

Tony
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73743\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For the test to be valid, you'd have to use the same paper as Michael (and the same driver settings).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
ipf5000
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2006, 01:28:35 am »

For the test to be valid, you'd have to use the same paper as Michael (and the same driver settings).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73771\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Makes sense.  Michael, if you are reading this thread, and would like for me to print a target, just email me privately.  I don't live far from Andrew.  I've been testing the Canon as time permits for about three weeks.
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession

henk

ipf5000
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2006, 07:50:48 am »

Quote from: Homebrewer-uk,Aug 17 2006, 08:29 PM
Quote from: digitaldog,Jun 28 2006, 10:47 PM

Hi Andrew & Michael
I have been following both of your revues for over a month now. Every thing started very positively but I get the feeling that the original enthusiasm has disappeared.

Hi,
I agree with Homebrewer that it seems that the  iPF5000 is used but enthusiastic stories stopped. I also postponed the purchase of a 4800 because I had enough of EP marketing pitches ( booby-traps). Starting with buying a 2100 for B&W with the ever so praised “ Gray Balancer”  $$#@@#$%%#$@@@@ . Wanted to upgrade to the 2400 but for economical reasons, 220 ml carts, to the 4800 with the $70 premium for changing from matte to gloss!! I welcomed the Canon as replacement for the 4800.  But I doubt that Canon sees this themselves. I talked to the Dealer in the Netherlands, where I buy all my stuff, who was invited by Canon on their introduction for their new printers in Barcelona some weeks ago. He felt that Canon promotes this printer much more in the CAD CAM  area as in the fine art printing arena. They also call this not a printer but a Plotter!!. The demo center they call it the Plotting centre. I think that this is one off the major reasons that Cannon is so slack in response. Canons European marketing is not aware off forums discussing this printer! I see the dealer next week and will view photo’s they took with them from Barcelona, made at the exhibition. In the B&W he sees still some bronzing and is not totally convinced of the metamerism. On the positive side he sees that the accuracy off laying drops on the paper is better than EP and the possibility of changing the printheads your self.
The price is also something to consider. Including tax in The Netherlands this printer will cost US$ 2945.00 (B&H US$ 1895.00 ex. tax) all without the roll feeder. And a 130 ml cart US$ 81.00 (B&H US$ 74.95).
Outbackphoto ( thanks Tim) is publishing their day to day findings in using the 5000 so I will see what there feed-back is. As a pensioner I do not have the possibilities to buy and write off when not good. So I have to relay on others like Michael, Uwe Steinmueller, the dealer and you, members off this forum!
I think I will just wait a couple of weeks and than will bite the bullet. My guts tell me that the  @@#$$#@@%% Epson probably again will win. Keep you posted on my findings.

Henk
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up