Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Epson 7900 to Piezography inks  (Read 997 times)

rwitthus

Converting Epson 7900 to Piezography inks
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »

I have an Epson 7900 with 7 clean-printing nozzles. I am considering converting the machine using Piezography inks. Does anyone have success stories or failures with converting this machine? I am particularly interested to know if additional nozzles begin clogging. The machine printed beautifully with few problems (the usual head cleaning clogs, of course) for nearly five years so I liked the machine. Thanks for any insight.

shadowblade

Re: Converting Epson 7900 to Piezography inks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:49 am »

Piezography clogs, but not as much as regular Epson inks.

If you don't plan to print on glossy papers, it's also worth looking at MIS Eboni inks. They're pure carbon and not resin-encapsulated; they can only print on matte papers/canvasses (including uncoated papers) but don't clog at all. You can even get a satin or glossy print out of them by coating with Timeless or another varnish afterwards. After all, all base papers are matte, as are baryta layers - a glossy paper is essentially a matte paper which has been pre-coated with a glossy varnish that's permeable to certain inks.

JeanMichel

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »

Just in case someone is interested in a FREE Epson 7890 with a permanently clogged pk hard and wants it for piezography, I have one in my garage waiting large recycling day! I am just eat of Oshawa, 80 km east of Toronto.
Jean-Michel

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »

Oh man why do you have to live in Canada. If you were close I'd love to have it. You should change out the damper. Good chance that would fix it.

john

quote author=JeanMichel link=topic=108971.msg898423#msg898423 date=1458577845]
Just in case someone is interested in a FREE Epson 7890 with a permanently clogged pk hard and wants it for piezography, I have one in my garage waiting large recycling day! I am just eat of Oshawa, 80 km east of Toronto.
Jean-Michel
[/quote]
Pages: [1]   Go Up