Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop: WIndows vs. Mac  (Read 1171 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Photoshop: WIndows vs. Mac
« on: March 12, 2016, 10:16:01 am »

No, I am not trying to start another war - I just want to know how easy it is to switch from one to the other. I use PS on Windows and a friend wants me to show her the basics on her Mac. Will I be able to easily use the Mac version?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Photoshop: WIndows vs. Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 11:11:39 am »

Easy,

I use both, the interface is pretty much identical.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

howardm

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »

yes, it's pretty much the same, esp if you use 'Application Frame' (in the PS Windows menu at the bottom).  That
is one of the big things.  On a PC, you're always in a window frame.  On a Mac, you're not and the window(s) can be
essentially free floating.  Also, w/ a PC, you pretty much always quit an app when you close the last window.  On
a Mac, that is usually NOT the case and you can have an application without any windows visible.

dwswager

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:32:10 pm »

No, I am not trying to start another war - I just want to know how easy it is to switch from one to the other. I use PS on Windows and a friend wants me to show her the basics on her Mac. Will I be able to easily use the Mac version?

Wife and I are PC while both daughters are Mac.  Both have advantages and disadvantages.  I will say that since most publishing and professional photography people seem to be Mac and iPhone, there is generally more instructions based on Mac.  But considering that the interfaces are pretty much the same, it really doesn't matter. 

Because I build my own Desktops and Servers and mod my laptops, I prefer PC and Windows.  If the MAC OS was available, then I might build a Mac and see how it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up