Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunspot, Drum Canyon Road  (Read 3554 times)

Mjollnir

Re: Sunspot, Drum Canyon Road
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 12:22:28 pm »

I'd like to see the version with the shadows opened a little. I suspect it will be hard to maintain the high drama of the version you originally posted.

The odd thing is, if I look at the shot on Flicker w/my iPhone 6, I can see what I intended to create, with a hillside clearly visible in the background, although it's very subtle (the way I wanted it to be).

Here, it looks like pure blackness.

Same with looking at Flickr with this computer I'm on now.

Maybe the iPhone screen is really just that much better?

I'm confuzzled.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »

Dear Confuzzled,

We here typically have monitors adjusted for printing, i.e., with lower brightness than iPhones. That, plus higher resolution of iPhone screens might contribute to being able to present a more nuanced shadows.

Miles

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 01:04:09 pm »

Superb image.  Please post if you bring up the shadows a little.  Would like to see the difference.
Miles

Mjollnir

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 02:09:20 pm »

Dear Confuzzled,

We here typically have monitors adjusted for printing, i.e., with lower brightness than iPhones. That, plus higher resolution of iPhone screens might contribute to being able to present a more nuanced shadows.

Oi.  That gets into a whole are about which I'm not confuzzled, but rather merely ignorant (printing)

But now that you mention it, if I hold up my iPhone next to the monitor where I am now, the iPhone looks really good, and the monitor is, well, rather drab.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up