Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Ergonomics: Canon, Nikon, or Sony?

<< < (2/17) > >>

Paulo Bizarro:
I prefer Canon, but that is just because I have used EOS for nearly 20 years. Now using Sony Alpha 7, no problem with it for the way I shoot (mostly aperture priority).

francois:
I also prefer Canon although I've been shooting with Nikon and other brands. I's just a matter of taste after all.

pegelli:

--- Quote from: John Koerner on February 02, 2016, 10:00:59 pm ---Just curious of the general consensus of things regarding superior ergonomics.

--- End quote ---
I don't think it's possible to to get consensus on ergonomics. It's too personal. You can only develop statistics what's more preferred vs. others, but that's not a consensus of what is superior (or not)

Otto Phocus:
In my opinion, it comes down to

1.  What the person is used to

2.  The ability of the person to adapt to a different format

3.  The willingness of the person to adapt to a different format.

Some can jump between different formats easily, others can't and still others can but choose not to.

John Koerner:
I agree that it comes down to "taste" ... not "ability."

Some people hate the "big wheel" of the Canon, but to me this is what makes it so useful.

The letters/numbers in the Nikon viewfinder are tiny and poorly-illuminated compared to the Canon.

However, the LiveView I find better than the Canon.

I don't like having to switch the D810 body to AF, and then have to switch my lens to AF, in order to be able to use AF. (The extra step is a waste of time.)

With the Canon, I would just flip the switch on the lens and not have to look away from my camera.

With the Nikon, I flip the same lens switch (same Sigma macro lens), but then I have to pull my face from the camera, look for the switch on the D810 body, and flip that too, to have AF.

A lame concept.

Even if I get used to where the AF switch is on the D810 body, I shouldn't have to flip 2 switches to use 1 feature.

The ability to use AF should be a lens-switch only, not a camera body switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version