Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New video tripod - advice needed  (Read 11783 times)

John Brawley

Re: New video tripod - advice needed
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 03:33:16 am »

Tripods...

one of my most favourite topics.

I have several.

I do love a geared head and try to always operate with one.  You don't have to get an Arri, though they are very nice.  Here's a couple of shots from a shoot I'm on right now.

There are many other advantages to a geared head aside form how smooth they are.  That's just one plus.  They have a toally different feel which I can go on about at length if anyone cares...

I bought a second hand CP Mini-Worrall for 5K.  I also own the 1030Ds O Connor.  I have to say since O'Connor were bought out a couple of years ago I think they've gone down hill.  Second hand tripods can be had for pretty cheap and there's a few of them out there.  The Cartoni's can be good, the Sachtler's are good,  Ronford Baker are really great and miller are kind of OK at the lower end.

All of them are a next level better than the Manfrotto stuff,  which is kind of really the point and shoot of tripods.

If you're looking for second hand and want something "better" let me know what you're thinking and I'll try and stear you in the right direction.

Even wackier, I also own a Cartoni Air FLoater !  They sell for about 10K to and are a head that's designed to look "bad" :-)

https://www.cartoni.com/products/fluid-heads/fluid-heads-sfx/h561-airfloater/

EDIT...and I do crazy stuff like this....

_1312842.jpg by John Brawley, on Flickr

and 

_2072928.jpg by John Brawley, on Flickr

JB
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:36:33 am by John Brawley »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up