Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PICCURE RAW CONVERSION  (Read 11964 times)

Tim Lookingbill

Re: PICCURE RAW CONVERSION
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:05 pm »

A really good test I apply to any sharpening routine is to take the final results and upsample the tiff or Raw 4X the original size preferably in LR 4 and above and view at 100% to check for reasonable sharpness, not micro-fine edge sharpness but enough to look natural.

I've been able to do that on my 6MP Raws and Raws converted to tiffs by sharpening and upsampling in LR4. No needed third party sharpening software.

sjprg

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »

I am still running tests. The latest is 163 5DSR raw images (60-90MB each). It is slow setup for Strong. Several hours, its still running
One of the things to be careful of when using Windows 10 is that the installer does not add the X64 version to the apps list so if you wish to use the X64 version you must manually use file explorer to open c:\program files\piccure and select Piccure.exe to add to the start menu or taskbar otherwise it loads the X86 version. So far it seems to be working fine processing my stormy seascapes. At 100% they look good, at 200% the water vapor in the air is starting to look like film grain on a 4K display with a K409 graphic card. Haven't seen any artifacts yet. So far I am really happy with the raw to tiff conversion. I've corrected the levels in photoshop on a couple of the images and considering the grayish day the look pretty good.
Paul

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 12:27:05 pm »

Can it read a DNG?

Andrew, yes it does process DNG files (at least in the standalone does).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up