Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Canon IPF 8400? Is it better than (smarter) the 8300?  (Read 1258 times)

ltvette

New Canon IPF 8400? Is it better than (smarter) the 8300?
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:47:01 pm »

I just recently decided to retire my IPF 8300 due to it's problems. Calling for new heads, doing so, and it filling up 4 maintenance cartridges as it was trying to "replenish ink", very expensive, AND very disturbing. Now that I have sold my remaining inks @ 60%, LexJet calls and says they have a new rebate on the IPF 8400....If he had only called 3 days ago, I would have the ink I sold for $265.00, and yes it was Lucia ink.
My question is, has Canon improved the IPF 8400 enough so that it doesn't do the famous (to me) ink dump scenario? A year ago the old 8300 did the same thing, dumping into 5 M/C's, even with techs here working on it. I simply cannot afford to see so much ink literally go down the drain ever again.
I don't use machine as frequent as some, and just am curious if anyone who has an 8400 has had any issues??
Thank you for reading, LT :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:02:04 pm by ltvette »

enduser

Re: New Canon IPF 8400? Is it better than (smarter) the 8300?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:03:32 am »

The only info I have heard is that Canon had to build 8300s away from their normal production line due to the Tsunami. The result was a bit lower standard for the 8300.

ltvette

Re: New Canon IPF 8400? Is it better than (smarter) the 8300?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »

That is interesting!! Since mine was purchased around 11/2011, and the Tsunami was in March of 2011. It may have been built away from their production plant. Plus I read a BBC story about many tech mfgs having to move facilities due to this issue. Do you know of any way to determine build date on these machines? Canon tech support says maybe plaque on back, but no info on there that I can decipher is a build date, perhaps it is somewhere in machine? Reading all of the problems listed here that are so very familiar to mine, they all appear to be around 2011& 2012. So hard to tell, and now that machine is 4 years old, so very hard to prove....But I fully expected this to be a 10 year+ machine....The Japanese are known these days to produce highest quality machines. But, alas, I will have to dispose of my IPF 8300. I will chop it into small pieces so that my local dump will accept it. Such a shame, $5000 to the dump!
Pages: [1]   Go Up