Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import speed test of various programmes - Spoiler LR is embarrassingly slow.  (Read 11091 times)

Ann JS

I am so sorry: that was a Typo.

It is just plain "Option S" which opens the Sync Panel: all currently-selected files will then take their cue from the First-selected image. Only the settings which you check will be applied.

Also a very nice feature in ACR, is that if you multi-select several images in Film-strip view, and then move one of the editing sliders, you can change that slider-setting in all of the currently selected images simultaneously.

You also have multiple Undo and Re-do (with Cmd Z, Cmd Option Z and Cmd Shift Z).

Regarding keyboard shortcuts to move through the tabs that exist in some of the panels - e.g. 'Profile' 'Color' and 'Manual' in the 'Lens Corrections' panel: The TAB key cycles from line to line in most panels but I don't know of a way to flip between tabbed items in a panel such as Lens Corrections.

Within a Tabbed Panel, Tab takes you to the first item in a section then if you enter a new value there, it advances to the next line. If you don't change the first item, Tab takes you to the next section.

Also check on the microscopic flippy arrows in the top corners of the Film-strip column and also in the main Sliders column for Drop-down menus to useful shortcuts and links to other functions.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:27:19 pm by Ann JS »

elliot_n

Thanks for the tips.

In spite of its prehistoric look, I'm a fan of ACR.

I've tried Lightroom 3 times, but I could never get my head around it.

When I last tried Bridge, many years ago, it was slow (on my computer) and images never seemed sharp at 100%. I switched to Photo Mechanic and never looked back.

Ann JS

It does depend on how you use the settings. (I never use any software's Defaults for anything!)

I also have made Custom Camera profiles (with the x-Rite ColorChecker Passport) for my cameras under various different lighting conditions and starting from these makes a huge difference to both my speed of working and the quality of the final results.

For sharpness, you will need to understand how the Details Panel settings work but I find them to be very effective
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up