Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe's Tom Hogarty Apology for LR CC 6.2 release  (Read 31681 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Adobe's Tom Hogarty Apology for LR CC 6.2 release
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2015, 01:00:09 pm »

Sure, John, I'll stop personalizing the issue as soon as this other fellow does ...

Speaking metaphorically and hypothetically of course. Was it you that dumped the herd? .... or did the herd dump you? ....   (Not associating the preceding expression with any specific individual living or dead. Any correlation of same is purely coincidental.) 8)

No, nothing to do with me dumping a herd or a herd dumping me. I look at this a lot more coldly than you and the "I want my toys back" or "The End of the World is Nigh" gangs. For me Adobe can just restore one or two things like Eject, or maybe just set its default to auto-eject, and soon people will have adjusted and forgotten what's gone as readily as they have done in the past (well done, jjj, for getting one). Sorry if that lacks hyperbole.

ButchM

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2015, 01:39:22 pm »

I look at this a lot more coldly than you and the "I want my toys back" or "The End of the World is Nigh" gangs.

It is quite apparent by your choice of terms used to illustrate your point that you have a cold, and at times, low regard for at least some of your fellow users. I find great difficulty in equating any of the tools I have come to rely upon to generate my primary income as 'toys' ... While I can agree this situation is not the 'End of the World,' the result was the arbitrary breaking of existing and long-established personal workflows without explanation or notice .... which is not a trivial matter. I think more than a few folks are aware of the cold, callous and uncaring attitude from those who bestowed the awesomeness that was v6.2.

To you, the removal of the eject after import function is a trivial matter. Not so trivial matter for the technician working a large sporting event who has to deal with ingesting thousands of images from dozens of cards while on a tight deadline. In this situation your 'toy' that you feel is unworthy of inclusion is a valuable time saver for many other fellow users who had already PAID for that 'toy' ... Sure this same tech can bounce out of Lr to the Finder/Explorer and manually eject the cards ... but shouldn't our software solutions save us time and effort? Workarounds are not solutions, just more work.

Though who am I to question such superior intellect. Perhaps I should blindly accept whatever is offered by Adobe without question or without concern and become part of the 'acceptable' herd ...

michael

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2015, 01:57:21 pm »

Once again what could have been, and should have been, a mature discussion has degenerated into personal attacks and name-calling.

This topic is now locked.

Michael
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up