Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight matters, too  (Read 7668 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Re: Weight matters, too
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 09:20:37 am »

As I get older, eleven kilograms of video camera on my shoulder seems to be a problem that I wouldn't like to meet.

I've been on video shoots where I've shot stills. I must admit that I like contemporary video from the US. However I hate the audio, especially in advertising.

I admit that listening to American advertising makes me want to push my fingers down my throat.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

bjanes

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 09:46:19 am »

As I get older, eleven kilograms of video camera on my shoulder seems to be a problem that I wouldn't like to meet.

I've been on video shoots where I've shot stills. I must admit that I like contemporary video from the US. However I hate the audio, especially in advertising.

I admit that listening to American advertising makes me want to push my fingers down my throat.

Cheers,

I view of the above, it might make more sense to stuff your fingers into your ear canals.  :)

Bill

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 10:32:33 pm »

One can use the GH4 alone, even handheld - no cage, no accessories etc - and get decent 4K footage - to my eyes with less than 1kg, but it's not going to be a universal camera.
For documentary, if you have enough light it is probably sufficient. Use an external sound recorder for extra channels. Batteries last forever.

Here is my first ungraded tryout from when I bought the camera. The still/cover image shows the detail you get, the rest suffers from vimeo encoding. The 12-35 kit lens costs more than the body, and is worth the money.

GO TO VIMEO TO VIEW THIS, THE EMBEDDED VERSION IS HORRIBLE.

Here is another, this is with tungsten lights, handheld again ungraded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uQRKrjkUwdR096cjZHRXVIS1U/view?usp=sharing

Frankly, if you want decent 4K with "still quality", the GH4 doesn't disappoint - the only issue I could find  is that AF tracking is useless in video mode. As everyone here knows, I'm really random at shooting so if I get this quality of of this toy ...

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:46:45 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 05:17:54 am »

Weight matters. Been using this horrid combo. Truely horrid to have on the shoulder for a 10 hour shift.
cn17 zoom, fs7, back box, timecode box, wirelesstransmitter to director, dp502 monitor, vlock power..

Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up