Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR6 & Photoshop CS6 reverted to 30-day trials?  (Read 2613 times)

Some Guy

LR6 & Photoshop CS6 reverted to 30-day trials?
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:06 am »

Odd issue this AM.

Opened up CS6 and it popped up "Operating in 30-day trial" mode.  Asked to log in and password, then hunt down the CS6 serial number (Well buried in Adobe past all the CS sign-up for the Cloud stuff, plus they showed me the CS5 version for a long time before I got to CS6.  Marketing CC maybe?).  Finally found CS6 serial number in my account and entered that.  Then Lightroom 6 also went into 30-day trial mode which needed the same hunt for the serial number.  I dunno...  I did disable the "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" as well as some freebie old Photoshop Elements 11 that came with the scanner that shows up in Task Manager as calling home 24/7 (Not too impressed with Acrobat DC or Elements 11 either.) so maybe those programs not being allowed to call home also disables LR6 and CS6 both and puts them back into 30-day trials?

Both are back for now, but wondering for how long?  I will say Windows 8.1-64 here is one screwed up OS so who knows what is going on as it sometimes shuts down with "Program not responding" messages, and it Blue-Screened with some 0xC000021A error too.  Wish I had stayed with Windows 7 as 8.0>8.1 has been a disaster, and I'm not ready for the adware and "All updates are Good" Windows 10 version until it is fully debugged and not a 8.0 to 8.1 to 8.2 disaster.  I can wait for 10.5 or whatever.  >:(

SG

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: LR6 & Photoshop CS6 reverted to 30-day trials?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:55 am »

Odd issue this AM.

Opened up CS6 and it popped up "Operating in 30-day trial" mode.

Had the same thing happening to me a few weeks ago, CS6 on Win 7. Re-entering the license codes solved that, but not the frustration.

Makes one wonder ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:25:29 am »

[..]

Both are back for now, but wondering for how long?  I will say Windows 8.1-64 here is one screwed up OS so who knows what is going on as it sometimes shuts down with "Program not responding" messages, and it Blue-Screened with some 0xC000021A error too. 

[..]

Might be worth running sfc /scannow (needs admin cmd).

Anthony.

adias

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:03:58 pm »

This seems to happening as well as denial of service when IP connection is not available. Clearly a bug, but one that should be squashed soon, as it raises doubts on user's minds regarding CC access reliability.
Pages: [1]   Go Up