Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mount Play, Zoom Stiff a7RII  (Read 718 times)

georgeollen

Mount Play, Zoom Stiff a7RII
« on: August 27, 2015, 05:09:25 pm »

Hi,

I just received my a7RII from B&H, with a 24-240mm zoom.  the zoom ring on the lens is very stiff, causing the camera to twist in my grip when turning the ring; and when I do so, I feel play in the connection of the lens to the camera mount - every time, whether it's a large turn or a small one.

Would anybody care to comment on this problem?  I called B&H and they said the Sony zooms, especially on longer lenses are definitely stiff.  They could not explain the play in the lens/camera connection.

What do you think?  I'm really turned off by these issues.  I don't want to be holding onto a camera/lens that is so difficult to zoom and has such a "loose-connection" feel at the mount interface - while handholding I can't maintain a steady camera when turning the zoom ring, and even if it was on tripod, I'd always be wondering when the torque/loose fit was going to exacerbate into a worse issue.

Do I need to return both camera and lens, just one, or is this just the way it is with Sony products, i.e. there won't be any problem in image quality?  There's definitely a problem when going hand-held - who wants the camera body moving in your hand as you adjust zoom? !

Thanks for your feedback.

George Ollen
Pages: [1]   Go Up