Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michaels hot new system.  (Read 22903 times)

Mimi

Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 10:54:29 pm »

To Michael and other prolific and true artists,

What I admire and enjoy is how you see the world and share it with me and many others. As an admirer of art (no matter wich form), I am  very much interested in the various aspects, difficulties and limitations of the medium you have chosen to share your emotions with. Hence, I read this forum and luminous landscape website with great interest, watch you all debate at times with much passion and, may I say, errance. I try to be as studious as one can be, but I must admit (and I accept) that I very often must face my ignorance.

I just want to state all the respect I have for all of you trying to find the best "paint brushes" and the best techniques to use them, but meanwhile  never forgetting the meaning of your search: giving me the gift of your sensitivity trough your quest. Had not Michael been able to touch me, this essay would have left me entirely uninterested. As an amateur and mostly an art admirer, I certainly did not grasp half of it's meaning. For some reasons, he has the opportunity to experiment a lot and without too many limitations (financial or other). I can only win.

Michel

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 08:52:42 pm »

Micheal,
Thanx for article on your new gear, very good reading.

I've looked at the P45 recently, and have to say WOW, but as said before I noticed the corners of the frame with the Blad H series 35mm lens were a bit soft...  
But the detail !!

I wonder are all the lucky buggers who get the P45 and H series Blads are going to go through the same pain that us Canon users have with lenses and the 1DS II.
Should make for very interesting reviews in the future.

I think I'll sit on the fence a little longer and wait for the price of the P25 to head south..
It's less critical of my V series lenses, and still amazing..

David.

bob mccarthy

• http://
Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 12:24:57 pm »

It's also an opportunity for you to save money. From now until March 22nd when I return, everything in our store is 15% off. Yes, everything – subscriptions, single issues, renewals, books, portfolios – the works.

I guess the bill is coming due!!

Bob

DarkPenguin

Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 01:48:26 pm »

Kinda curious how it worked in the field.

michael

Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2006, 02:46:52 pm »

Just got back last night.

The new system worked extreemly well. I'm more than pleased.

I'll have an article about it online by the weekend.

Michael

danazoo

Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 02:28:57 am »

I have a few questions on a few subjects...On your Linhof 679 set up, are you getting any color casting during shift/rise/swing, or using wide angle lenses? If so, are you correcting with the Capture One CC profile feature?

I have started using a Cambo Wide DS with a P25 and in my first attempts, the color casting situation is rather frustrating.

Speaking of which, will my P25 work on a Linhof 679 cs camera?

Lastly, with lenses and sliding back etc., the system complete, the price is @ $15k?

Many thanks in advance for any input.
danazoo

Gary Ferguson

• http://
Michaels hot new system.
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 05:56:16 am »

Danazoo, I use a P25 on a Linhof M679 and I have take a correction shot after almost every single exposure and correct using Capture One's CC feature. You might get away without CC work if you're using longer lenses with just a moderate amount of shift, but as soon as there's wider angle lenses and compound movements then you'll need the CC grey card for every shot.

In terms of price, I can't really comment on US prices because I'm a UK photographer, but unfortunately Linhof equipment doesn't come cheap. If you're thinking of buying into the system then I'd advise checking the price of all the accessories that are required to avoid any nasty surprises. One tip that may help you, I had my older 679cc upgraded by Linhof to 679cs specifications at a reasonable price, so you may be able to get a used 679 and have it brought up to date.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up