Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem With Apple Messages  (Read 926 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Problem With Apple Messages
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:51:26 am »

Hi all, I along with just about all of my Apple using friends have been having problems of late trying to use either the video chat feature or the screen sharing feature of Apple Messages. We can all freely send instant messages back & forth to each other but that's it. We are using various versions of Yosemite and Mavericks a swell as different ISP's so there is no commonality there. At one point it was thought that for some reason AOL was not permitting video chats utilizing its AIM service so we all added google accounts and still no dice. FaceTime and SKYPE work fine on our computers so we know the cameras and audio are OK. I've spent a ton of time on the phone with Apple support at two levels and their best solution id to reinstall OS X which I reluctantly did with no improvement. I'm just wondering if any of you Apple folks out there are having the same problems?

Thanks!!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

francois

Re: Problem With Apple Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:38:49 am »

Well, screen sharing hasn't been working reliably for me. It used to work really well but for the last 12 or 18 months, it's not usable. Sometimes it works OK but minutes later it doesn't. Even Facetime sometimes doesn't work well (stuck on Connecting… forever).

>:(
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up