Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo locations for the island of Madeira  (Read 8196 times)

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
photo locations for the island of Madeira
« on: July 18, 2015, 03:19:23 am »

My wife and I will be on the island of Madeira.  I am interested in any suggestions/recommendations of places that are a must to see/photograph.  Any other first hand info would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jimbo57

Re: photo locations for the island of Madeira
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »

Madeira is a very small island and, seriously, you can see most of it in a day with a rental car.

Not knowing what your photographic preferences are or how long you will be there, my suggestion would be to rent a car for the duration and spend the first day reconnoitring the island with a view to compiling a "shooting programme" for the remainder of your stay. Sunrises and sunsets can be worth planning for.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:20:09 am »

Thanks Jimbo.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:45 am »

My wife and I will be on the island of Madeira.  I am interested in any suggestions/recommendations of places that are a must to see/photograph.  Any other first hand info would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Driving around the island is a good idea. Although it is a small island it does take time to go around it since the roads are really windy and up and down. I like very much the north part with the coloured rocks and the west side of the island. But also take some of the roads into some of the valleys from the west side (as I remember it). I did not geotag the photos. I was there on a vacation with my family so the attached photos is what I could get during our trip around the island back in 2007.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 08:29:42 am »

Thanks Hans.  Having been married to a good Swabian woman for the past 5 years, I am learning the importance of planning our holidays...."nach dem Urlaub ist vor dem Urlaub"....of course, we leave in less than a month, so I am a bit behind the curve...lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up