Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banding when I changed the Platen Gap to Wide on Silver Rag-Why  (Read 1627 times)

Jglaser757

I put a roll of Silver Rag in my printer, change the platen gap to wide and got horizontal banding on the prints.. I then performed a uni and bi  head alignment. Still had the banding. SO, I changed the platen gap back to standard and the horizontal banding is gone. Why? I thought the paper called for a wider platen gap?

i did have this issue before with another paper and did the same thing to rectify the problem.

IS it because every printer is a little different?

Thanks

Jon

Nora_nor

Re: Banding when I changed the Platen Gap to Wide on Silver Rag-Why
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:39:08 pm »

I think you can still have wide, but you need to do the adjustment thing. That is an issue with roll paper.
At least the instructions for canon ipf printers say so, and it might apply to other printers too

Jglaser757

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:22:00 pm »

Asked and answered by expert fromepson that came by to fix printer!

Jglaser757

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:23:09 am »

Well, I was using a recommended paper setting(premium luster 260)but still changing platen gap to wide to avoid head strikes. No need to do that! I originally thought that thicker paper always required platen gap adjustment. Not True!

It is usually caused by software or media setting when horizontal

but, this issues goes deeper than that. We got banding using different Epson paper and using their profile. He also noted that text was not crisp, so he changed the print head and cleaning unit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up