Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Preference for Long Lenses  (Read 23543 times)

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: A Preference for Long Lenses
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 02:03:39 am »

Have to agree with the gist. My go-to lenses have been predominately wide to ultra-wide and fisheye lenses, but as I evolved my work in the late 1980s-1990s then into digital as we entered new millennium, I found that longer lenses were the spice that made the landscape no longer about showing where I was, but what I experienced when I was there.

With the m43 system, longer lenses were so small & light that they went with me everywhere. It's not quite as easy with FX, but it can still be done! Both my daily shooter long zooms though compact for full-frame, seem massive compared to the m43, they are part of the price paid for better image quality.

Like other here, my work encompasses lens from 180-degree circular fisheye lenses to 500mm and longer depending upon scene, though I tend to go more limited when I've got to pack it :-)

The examples everyone has shown so far are all nicely crafted! Some with shorter teles, others with much longer, all showing what was experienced. Even tonight, a short telephoto (95mm) was needed to share my experience of watching the "Flower Moon" as it rose above my hometown.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up