Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/3 vs Nikon APS-C - System Switch ? Looking for your opinions!  (Read 59565 times)

jeremyrh

Re: 4/3 vs Nikon APS-C - System Switch ? Looking for your opinions!
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:32 am »

As a Nikon FF owner and EM1 owner, I would have another concern about Antarctica, which is battery life in cold weather. The EM1 seems to drain batteries relatively quickly (perhaps other users could share their energy saving settings?) and I guess the problem is only worse in cold weather?

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 01:36:59 am »

Yes; take several batteries. The EVFs on these m4/3 cameries and smaller battery size means shorter life. And the cold will make it worse.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Lightsmith

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2015, 05:36:29 pm »

My wife had problems with the shutter not releasing with her E-M1 in Yellowstone last May and the temperatures were in the high 20's. The E-M5 Mark II has a simpler single shutter design and does not suffer the same problem with cold weather as the E-M1 camera. 

In terms of image quality these cameras are as good as full frame cameras for prints up to 11x14 if there is minimal cropping. Don't forget these are half size sensors and the IQ is exceptionally good. I shoot with the D810 and have been very impressed with the IQ from the Olympus cameras with their f2.8 Pro lenses and even the 75-300mm zoom.

EugeneN4

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2015, 03:26:20 am »

I would ask myself, if I am younger than 40, I should go for Nikon, when I was 50, I have no regret go for the 4/3.............. Enjoy your travel time is the most important thing, right?!?   ;P
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up