Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone use EFI Express for Epson RIP?  (Read 1308 times)

r010159

Anyone use EFI Express for Epson RIP?
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:47:49 am »

I am using an Epson 3880. The Designer series happens to come with this RIP. I find this very interesting where it appears that this allows ms to virtually "linearize" the printer for difference ink/paper combinations among other things that it can do for me. At least this is what I find users of RIPs to call it. I want to know if anyone has used this RIP. If so, I have a few questions to ask of all of you.

First, are the profiles that are created through the EFI software unique to the EFI RIP? Or can "regular" profiles be used that you would normally find in the profile folder of the OS? I suspect the EFI profiles can only be used for the RIP. When I am in Photoshop, and I select the print dialogue, I can select the virtual printer that the EFI software has set up for me to be used within other software, like Photoshop. I see the selection for the printer to manage colors, which is what I would expect to be the correct selection. But I also can select for Photoshop managed colors. If I do, I am allowed to select a profile that I normally can select for normal printing purposes outside of the EFI RIP. I do not understand this. So what should I do here?

If I need to use the EFI software tools to create the profile, I would think this is a very limiting factor for me. I wonder if more expensive versions of this software will allow me to use my own profiling tools? Not that I would be interested in a purchase of them. So is it true that I would be force to use this software for its features separate from its color management capabilities? I would then continue to use the profiles that I have created by my i1Photo package.

Bob Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up