Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best lenses for portraits? digital backs on 4x5 cameras  (Read 953 times)

daz777

best lenses for portraits? digital backs on 4x5 cameras
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:28:44 pm »

Hi,

Im wondering what are your favourite lenses for portraits and headshots on 4x5 cameras using digital backs.
Any recommendations?

IanB

Re: best lenses for portraits? digital backs on 4x5 cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:02:00 am »

I'm very fond of the 200mm f.8.0 M-series Nikkor. Small, light and very good quality. But I mostly use it with a 6x7cm film back - it might be a bit long for portraits with a DB, but it depends on what you want to achieve.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:04:23 am by IanB »

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: best lenses for portraits? digital backs on 4x5 cameras
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:28:02 am »

Hi,

Im wondering what are your favourite lenses for portraits and headshots on 4x5 cameras using digital backs.
Any recommendations?

Daz -  think this is an interesting question, but do you have an idea of what you'd like to put across with this setup for portrait in terms of lens characteristics? I think open ended question format is good, because we could find some interesting observations that some may not have considered previously, but if you do have something in mind, let us know what it is. That may help some to be able to offer you suggestions for best lenses to accomplish that. Just a thought - looking forward to all the answers.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up