Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website  (Read 73986 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Re: Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »

Hi Doug,

Can you separate the focus from the shutter release as we did on the DF camera? So you can release the shutter and focus with the rear button.

Best Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

JoeKitchen

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »

How much better would you say the long exposures are on the 380 as opposed to the 260?  

I ask because I see that on the 380, the LE mode starts at ISO 200, which is higher than ISO 140.  

In the past I have read that many still consider the P45+ as having better long exposures than the 260.  What are your feelings on the P45+ vs. the IQ380 on long exposures?  

(It kind of bums me out that LE mode has not been made effective at base ISO.) 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:31:51 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2015, 01:33:54 pm »

Doug,

There are now 10 posts for back sales on the first page of the For Sale forum. Maybe it is time to go public on the upgrade pricing  so *everybody* knows what an older Phase back is worth.

Edmund

For once, can't you JUST STOP TROLLING?
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

Doug,

There are now 10 posts for back sales on the first page of the For Sale forum. Maybe it is time to go public on the upgrade pricing  so *everybody* knows what an older Phase back is worth.

Edmund

I have no problem posting pricing. However, there are a LOT of models of older backs, and a lot of models of new backs to which to upgrade. The new upgrade pricing is based on a sliding scale multiplier of the megapixel count of the back being traded in with adjustments for if it is a P1 back, what generation, and whether you're upgrading or cross grading. So it's really just much faster and easier for everyone if interested individuals simply email us at info@digitaltransitions.com. If someone has a specific price question they're welcome to post it here, but we'll pretty quickly clog the thread with one-off questions.

Dshelly

• Darryl Shelly Photography
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2015, 01:41:28 pm »

What is the cost for the body and the back? Can you give me some information about the sensor?

Thx.

BTW - I'm in LA - will try to make it over tomorrow, but I'm in the Valley, so sometimes traffic doesn't allow for the visit to Culver City.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »

What is the cost for the body and the back? Can you give me some information about the sensor?

XF IQ3 80MP $48,990
XF IQ3 60MP $41,990
XF IQ3 50MP $40,990

XF IQ1 80MP  $40,990.00
XF IQ1 60MP  $33,990.00
XF IQ1 50MP  $32,990.00
XF IQ1 40MP  $20,990.00

IQ3 and IQ1 XF Specs (including sensor info and features)

BTW - I'm in LA - will try to make it over tomorrow, but I'm in the Valley, so sometimes traffic doesn't allow for the visit to Culver City.

Traffic in LA??  ;D

Seriously though we hope you can make it. To my knowledge it's the first public showing of the XF in the world.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »

Can you separate the focus from the shutter release as we did on the DF camera? So you can release the shutter and focus with the rear button.

Yes, and doing so is fast and intuitive, unlike the DF+ which require three custom functions to be changed.

In fact every you can assign autofocus to any of the hard buttons.

I also find the location of that rear hard button more pleasing. But that will obviously vary person to person so you'll have to put your hands on an XF to see.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:57:12 pm by Doug Peterson »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »

Yes, and doing so is fast and intuitive, unlike the DF+ which require three custom functions to be changed.

In fact every you can assign autofocus to any of the hard buttons.

I also find the location of that rear hard button more pleasing. But that will obviously vary person to person so you'll have to put your hands on an XF to see.

Thanks Doug will go the NY event next week!
Thanks Denis

Best Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

william

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 02:04:29 pm »

Is there a clear and comprehensive list somewhere of which "new features" of the XF system will NOT be functional when using an IQ1 or IQ2 back?

Phrased differently: Is there a list of which new features of the XF system will ONLY work when using an IQ3 rather than IQ1 or IQ2 back?

(I've seen references on this and other threads to certain "new features" only being operational when using an IQ3 back, without specifics as to what those are.)

XF IQ3 80MP $48,990
XF IQ3 60MP $41,990
XF IQ3 50MP $40,990

XF IQ1 80MP  $40,990.00
XF IQ1 60MP  $33,990.00
XF IQ1 50MP  $32,990.00
XF IQ1 40MP  $20,990.00

IQ3 and IQ1 XF Specs (including sensor info and features)

Traffic in LA??  ;D

Seriously though we hope you can make it. To my knowledge it's the first public showing of the XF in the world.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »

Is there a clear and comprehensive list somewhere of which "new features" of the XF system will NOT be functional when using an IQ1 or IQ2 back?

Phrased differently: Is there a list of which new features of the XF system will ONLY work when using an IQ3 rather than IQ1 or IQ2 back?

(I've seen references on this and other threads to certain "new features" only being operational when using an IQ3 back, without specifics as to what those are.)

Second page of the PDF I linked earlier:
https://digitaltransitions.com/pdf/Iq3-Iq1specs.pdf

IQ3 vs IQ2 the only difference is the power sharing function which required new hardware inside the back. Otherwise IQ2 and IQ3 will be the same.

william

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

Thank you.  Perhaps I'm unusually obtuse today, but the second page of that PDF compares IQ3 to IQ1, not IQ3 to IQ2 (and, as to IQ3 versus IQ1, shows several differences in functionality beyond the power sharing function).

Perhaps I can be more specific:

(1) What would be the specific differences in operation or features when an IQ250 versus an IQ350 is mounted on an XF camera?
(2) Can one purchase the XF with IQ250 as a kit (and at what price?) or are the kits only available with the XF plus IQ3 series backs?

Second page of the PDF I linked earlier:
https://digitaltransitions.com/pdf/Iq3-Iq1specs.pdf

IQ3 vs IQ2 the only difference is the power sharing function which required new hardware inside the back. Otherwise IQ2 and IQ3 will be the same.

Joe Towner

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2015, 03:17:29 pm »

Ok, the seismograph has me interested - as in can I have the shake trigger the shot?  As in once it settles, any spike in movement triggers a shot?

Oh, and Profoto Air is in the body, so you can literally have a trigger in the hotshoe plus trigger off Air.
t: @PNWMF

Doug Peterson

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

Ok, the seismograph has me interested - as in can I have the shake trigger the shot?  As in once it settles, any spike in movement triggers a shot?

Oh, and Profoto Air is in the body, so you can literally have a trigger in the hotshoe plus trigger off Air.

The intention is the opposite; it will (when fully implemented) fire when the shaking STOPS.

However, your idea is interesting and P1 is very interested in what features users want to see in the XF in the future. Being based on the operating system of the IQ it is the most extensible body platform ever made.

So please share what problems this would let you solve and how you would foresee it being implemented and we'll make sure the right people read it.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2015, 03:55:07 pm »

Thank you.  Perhaps I'm unusually obtuse today, but the second page of that PDF compares IQ3 to IQ1, not IQ3 to IQ2 (and, as to IQ3 versus IQ1, shows several differences in functionality beyond the power sharing function).

Perhaps I can be more specific:

(1) What would be the specific differences in operation or features when an IQ250 versus an IQ350 is mounted on an XF camera?
(2) Can one purchase the XF with IQ250 as a kit (and at what price?) or are the kits only available with the XF plus IQ3 series backs?

(1) No power sharing. That's it. With the IQ3 if the battery in the back or body runs low it can switch to using the other battery instead. With the IQ2 they are power-wise independent.
(2) XF can be purchased stand alone, or as a kit for the IQ1 or IQ3. It cannot be purchased with an IQ2.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »

I have no problem posting pricing. However, there are a LOT of models of older backs, and a lot of models of new backs to which to upgrade. The new upgrade pricing is based on a sliding scale multiplier of the megapixel count of the back being traded in with adjustments for if it is a P1 back, what generation, and whether you're upgrading or cross grading. So it's really just much faster and easier for everyone if interested individuals simply email us at info@digitaltransitions.com. If someone has a specific price question they're welcome to post it here, but we'll pretty quickly clog the thread with one-off questions.

Doug,

We now have 10 Phase/Leaf backs posted for sale. This probably is the largest concentration ever seen in any place, it's like Ferraris in Monaco.
 Anyway, just to get a baseline idea, what would the trade-in for a Mamiya mount P30+ to a new CMOS 50MP and Phase XF be?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

barihunk

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »

For academic interest... Since basically P1 is "forcing" folks with P+ backs to upgrade perfectly fine backs to have a nicer body, what about folks who have the p65+ and DF+ to re-up to a 160 or 360? And are there improvements to the long exposure mode for the 360 sensor?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2015, 08:11:13 pm »

Is there a hot shoe available when you are using the WLV or do you need to sync the old fashion way with cables? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2015, 08:42:05 pm »

Happy to see my one request of having the autofocus button actually where your thumb is and not "around the outside of the hump"

jduncan

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2015, 10:15:39 pm »

Hi DOUG,

Congratulations on the new system, it looks solid. The "limits" system for the aperture, the ISO and the shutter speed is easier to use and more flexible than the one in the D810. That is something.  I also love that Phase One is in the theory that you have to invest, and then get the benefits and not the other way around.  Phase presented a new camera, new Backs, new excellent lenses quite a day.

I have a question, (pointing me to the proper material will do too):

The auto focus system is new, there is something about "floating point" but in the videos I saw one of the photographers using focus /recompose.  What is the coverage of the AF points on the system? how many there are? What does it mean that the autofocus point(s) float? (I guess we are not talking math)

Thanks
english is not my first language, an I k

voidshatter

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:32 pm »

How much better would you say the long exposures are on the 380 as opposed to the 260?  

I ask because I see that on the 380, the LE mode starts at ISO 200, which is higher than ISO 140.  

In the past I have read that many still consider the P45+ as having better long exposures than the 260.  What are your feelings on the P45+ vs. the IQ380 on long exposures?  

(It kind of bums me out that LE mode has not been made effective at base ISO.) 

The IQ260 actually works at ISO 200 in LE mode when you dial ISO 140. It is basically a pull of 0.5 EV in post processing. You get exactly the same RAW data between ISO 140 and ISO 200 in LE mode of the IQ260.

I guess Phase One is now more honest this time so they just offer ISO 200 for the IQ380 straight away.

As the IQ380 is still a CCD, don't be too optimistic about the performance. I bet the dynamic range will still be worse than Canon in LE mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up