Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing B&W from Canon Pixma Pro-1/PSCC/Mac  (Read 894 times)

kpm01428

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
Printing B&W from Canon Pixma Pro-1/PSCC/Mac
« on: November 20, 2014, 01:27:49 pm »

I'm trying to print B&W from Photoshop - Printer controls color - on Canon Pixma Pro-1.  When I go to the Print settings/color options, it shows black and white is selected but the ability to brighten/darken the setting is greyed out.  I'm using Mac OSX Maverick and have the latest printer driver/firmware loaded in the printer/computer. 

I have heard that it is better to select "Prnter manage colors" selection over "photoshop manages colors" for black and white - as photoshop will use more of the color inks to create black-and-white instead of using the gray/blacks that come with the printer.

Any suggestions in printing black and white from a Canon Pixma Pro-1 printer? If using "Printer controls color" then do you get the same grayed out section in "Color options" settings?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up