Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?  (Read 1928 times)

Bill Koenig

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »

I just received my NEC PA271W BK SV, I'm running Win7 64 Ultimate 
I installed the SVII software, made a few profiles, and it works great.
I always run with a standard user account for security on the internet, but SVII doesn't even show up in program files when I'm logged on to my user account.
Is there a way to give SVII permission to run on standard user account?
Logged
Bill Koenig,

Rusty

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 176
    • http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »

Bill, suggest you contact NEC support, I have found them to be very responsive.

Bill Koenig

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

Well, I think I've found the answer. I'm running Win7 64 and there are TWO sets Program files the one with (x86) is where I found it. I made a shortcut to my desktop, then I right click and "Run as Administrator" works great, problem solved. 
Logged
Bill Koenig,

jeremypayne

  • Guest
Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:26 pm »

Well, I think I've found the answer. I'm running Win7 64 and there are TWO sets Program files the one with (x86) is where I found it. I made a shortcut to my desktop, then I right click and "Run as Administrator" works great, problem solved. 

Just so you know ... 64bit applications end up in Programs and 32bit application go in Programs(x86).
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up