I have the ATI FireGL v3600, I just checked, and there is a new driver, just released 5-3-11 for Win7 64
I'm a bit surprised as this card is getting old.
I will upgrade the driver over the weekend and report back.
This issue just keeps getting deeper. I tried to load the driver released 5-3-11 for Win7 64.
Win7 won't load this driver, so I uninstalled the old driver, now I'm in VGA mode wondering how I'm going to load anything, but Win7 managed to put the old driver back for me.
It says I already have the latest best driver, but then I checked the AMD web site yesterday and there's now another (newer) driver released 6-6-11 that driver won't load either.
But now PhotoShop tells me that Open GL is unavailable, but so is the problem I was having with Photoshop, so yes, this isn't a photo shop problem.
This video card isn't even a year, old but still in warranty.
The AMD web site has no phone number for tech support, but you can send them a message which I did, there reply asked me which AMD processor I had, in my message it was clear that I was having video card trouble.
I guess I'll just have to keep trying until AMD gets it right.